There are 113 users in the forums

Finding The Next Jerry !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just watched this series in the NFL Network about the 1985 draft. And wow!

Correction:
Almost similar. 49ers were coming off a Super Bowl win in the 1984-1985 season. That year 49ers needed to add WR talent. However, in that 1985 draft, there were 3 Wide receivers that were highly praised. One of them was Jerry Rice.

49ers traded with NE from the 29th pick to 16th pick. That's when 49ers selected Jerry Rice. The 49ers got the last WR of the big 3. There will never be another Jerry Rice, but 49ers could use one of these receivers to make an instant Jerry-like impact.

Now in 2020, similar scenario. Big 3 receivers on hand. The question is, who will be the next Jerry Rice of 2020 that take this team to another level?

Judy, Lamb or Ruggs?

My choice is Ruggs. What about you?
[ Edited by MrCrab49ers on Apr 19, 2020 at 6:10 PM ]
The 49ers are on the verge of being great for a long time. There's no questions the defense is one of the best.

49ers is missing that one guy in the offense to keep offense in the field and make an instant impact. Kittle, Deebo, and RB are all fantastic players, but we need that it guy. That it guy is Ruggs!
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
The 49ers are on the verge of being great for a long time. There's no questions the defense is one of the best.

49ers is missing that one guy in the offense to keep offense in the field and make an instant impact. Kittle, Deebo, and RB are all fantastic players, but we need that it guy. That it guy is Ruggs!

Could you imagine having Deebo, Ruggs, Goodwin, and Kittle on the field at the same time?

Speed kills but dam!

That would be similar to what the Chiefs have in regards to speed.

Oh...

There is no "next Jerry Rice". I would be good with the next Tyreek Hill though.
If Megatron, T.O, & Moss weren't the next JR then the bar has been set too high.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Apr 19, 2020 at 2:27 PM ]
None of the aforementioned.
There will never be another Jerry Haynes,an icon forever
Denzel Mims
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
The 49ers are on the verge of being great for a long time. There's no questions the defense is one of the best.

49ers is missing that one guy in the offense to keep offense in the field and make an instant impact. Kittle, Deebo, and RB are all fantastic players, but we need that it guy. That it guy is Ruggs!

Could you imagine having Deebo, Ruggs, Goodwin, and Kittle on the field at the same time?

Speed kills but dam!

That would be similar to what the Chiefs have in regards to speed.

Oh...

There is no "next Jerry Rice". I would be good with the next Tyreek Hill though.
If Megatron, T.O, & Moss weren't the next JR then the bar has been set too high.

Opposing defense will be crapping in their pants. I want a 49ers- Chiefs rematch!! Lol
No team will ever find a replica of the GOAT ever again..
Pretty sure we were the defending champs when we drafted Rice...
Originally posted by Boldjames:
Denzel Mims

Reminds me of a less athletic more stiff TO

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Pretty sure we were the defending champs when we drafted Rice...

Yes, I believe we had just beat the Dolphins in the super bowl at the old Stanford stadium.
Originally posted by Boldjames:
Denzel Mims

I like Mims the best as well...
I think ruggs will open up our offense more than anyone even though Jeudy Maybe the better receiver overall.
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
There will never be another Jerry Haynes,an icon forever

Originally posted by elguapo:
I think ruggs will open up our offense more than anyone even though Jeudy Maybe the better receiver overall.

Ruggs will open windows for Kittle and Deebo. This one guy will absolutely create an instant impact.
Share 49erswebzone