LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Maybe he replaces both James and Goodwin: James gets replaced in the return game and goodwins ability to stretch the field. Free's up a spot to bring in a WR at 13
my hope and dream. then you have a hopefully elite guy with 13.. deebo. a more than fine bourne. hopefully hurd. this guy and maybe taylor james or someone else
sorry,,, i thought you said pettis and goodwin. lol... that being said. i am fine if this guy kicks james the hell off the team
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Marquise Goodwin is younger and faster. Also, Goodwin is better in my opinion. Goodwin is likely to get cut, but I wish we could just restructure his contract and keep him.

I don't think Benjamin will make the team, but we will see.

Goodwin is done with football. That guy was never the same after that Ram hit him into a seizure
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Marquise Goodwin is younger and faster. Also, Goodwin is better in my opinion. Goodwin is likely to get cut, but I wish we could just restructure his contract and keep him.

I don't think Benjamin will make the team, but we will see.

Goodwin is done with football. That guy was never the same after that Ram hit him into a seizure

when he started in with his olympic blather. i knew he was done with football.. again there is a reason why he and pettis are in the kyle doghouse. f**k em both
another kid I made sure to attend and watch back when he was in HS. Not sure how much speed he has left in the tank... but interesting add.

Great hands and adjustment to the ball (mid-air) if u are able to get it out there to him... could part a defense like the sea back in his prime.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I'd rather have Richie james....another depth signing that is pointless.

Pointless? His speed opens up the offense.

Hasnt even had the opportunity to make the team yet and earn a spot...but you know about our overreaction crowd in boredom times like this.

It's like they've never heard of camp bodies.
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Looks like they wanted Dorset and pivoted to Benjamin when he went to Seattle

How you figure? Maybe Kyle wanted a guy who had his best year in his system
Over Dorsett?
Nah I doubt that. We didn't have the cap for Dorsett

Didn't have the cap?
Short for cap space. He took an expensive one year deal I bet with Seattle

I know what it stands for but you're talking about a guy that maybe got 4 million max. I doubt it was even that much and you're betting on something that no one has the facts on.
He probably got $2 million. He's a 3rd receiver but still a speed burner and with Wilson's deep ball it's just another weapon for them. But i would've taken Dorsett maybe Lynch didn't like the fit who knows

You make zero sense. Didn't you say he took an expensive one year deal and now it's probably 2 million?

Have a feeling Dorsett chose the Hawks because he knows he'd excel with Wilson being able to scramble.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

Hasnt even had the opportunity to make the team yet and earn a spot...but you know about our overreaction crowd in boredom times like this.

james was terrible in the super bowl and his body of work he gave to us as a wide out can be fit into a thimble. and we can not afford nor should we to sign or trade for some hot shot diva in my opinion.... this guy at least has a good resume in that area. 85 is the one who lectures us all the time on camp bodies,. lol,. i hope people like james petties and goodwin are camp bodies.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Goodbye Richie James. Returner. I guess they want someone more dynamic and don't trust James/Pettis and don't want Taylor doing it?

This, James is too passive when he's returning punts. Benjamin and James will battle it out for the return man job in TC, and the best man will get the job. Maybe they'll let him get some reps at WR if he shows something in camp. Not a bad signing, but I'm pretty sure that Lynch and Shanahan want to get a good WR prospect with the 13th pick

It's so easy to see their off season plans...

Checklist:
1. Pre-FA: Start filling out the 90
2. FA - Day 1: Sign a couple starters
3. FA - Day 2+: Sign all the depth and role players
4. FA - Slow down period: Complete ST
5. Draft
6. FA - June 1st cuts: Add aging/injury flier veterans

1. Call me crazy but I don't think we have as many needs as we fans think we do.
2. We don't have many draft picks, and so we will have to supplement with lower level FA prospects.
3. We need quality not quantity from this upcoming draft. So actually picking at 13 and 31 wouldn't hurt us if we got two quality players 1 starter and 1 first year contributor. Not to mention we have done well with the later draft picks Kittle, Greenlaw, etc. While second & third rounders have been kind of meh.
4. We are finding it hard to pay our players second contracts due to our recent success; See trading Buckner and not being able to sign E. Sanders. Upcoming Kittle, Bosa, and other young players.
Originally posted by random49er:

Benjamin is essentially what James would be if James was:
- Faster
- More experienced
- Polished as an NFL receiver
- Ran through contact better

As far as I'm concerned, Benjamin is already ahead of James on the depth chart in my mind. Benjamin has all the above advantages, is familiar with the scheme, and has been used as a gadget/runner as well. If Benjamin is healthy, James will have to fight for his life to win that spot.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 25, 2020 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
- Faster
- More experienced

As far as I'm concerned, Benjamin is already ahead of James on the depth chart in my mind. Benjamin has all the above advantages, is familiar with the scheme, and has been used as a gadget/runner as well. If Benjamin is healthy, James will have to fight for his life to win that spot.

I was listening to Papa on KNBR right after they got Benjamin. He saw a lot of him while he was broadcasting for the Raiders since they played SD twice a year. He really likes his quickness in and out of his routes and feels he is definitely worth a look. It's mostly been health issues with him.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
- Faster
- More experienced

I was listening to Papa on KNBR right after they got Benjamin. He saw a lot of him while he was broadcasting for the Raiders since they played SD twice a year. He really likes his quickness in and out of his routes and feels he is definitely worth a look. It's mostly been health issues with him.

Bingo. He's a cheap, low-risk / high-reward pickup who has been dinged up a bit, but if it pans out he could be a valuable contributor. If Goodwin is kept on and we keep 6 WRs. That's a lot of speed on the field if we add someone like Ruggs or Reagor.

Deebo - Hurd - Goodwin - Ruggs - Benjamin - Bourne/Pettis/Taylor/James
  • thl408
- Faster
- More experienced

I watched some of his targets with LAC last season. He still looks fast. Didn't know he hasn't been a punt returner since 2017.
As a side note: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107418/article/roundup-giants-saints-sign-former-xfl-standouts

Dorsett signed a $1 million deal. Benjamin's deal appears to be incentive-laden, with max earning potential of $2 million.
As a side note: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107418/article/roundup-giants-saints-sign-former-xfl-standouts

Dorsett signed a $1 million deal. Benjamin's deal appears to be incentive-laden, with max earning potential of $2 million.

That's dirt cheap for Dorsett. I like that deal more than Benjamin's although I don't know a tun about Benjamin. Sounds like high upside if he can stay healthy
Couple years back he had a 900 yard and 700 yard back to back seasons. Might be the system and he already knows Kyle's offense. Big risk is his injury history.
Share 49ersWebzone