LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bahahaha so he's passionate and gets mad when he knows he can help a team and can't do anything about it...If he's on an actual winning team he's not gonna get upset. Throw in we HAVE actual good vets like Joe and Sherm WE have a good locker room and a great culture that rubs off on players.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842875-giants-safety-michael-thomas-says-odell-beckham-jr-was-a-great-teammate

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/browns/tremendous-cleveland-browns-praise-odell-beckham-jr-for-being-great-teammate/95-ce0e5271-02ee-4612-9438-3ac3fc0731fa

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-jr-s-work-ethic-winning-over-browns-teammates-and-coaching-staff/

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/06/why-is-browns-odell-beckham-a-great-teammate-giants-captain-gives-specific-examples-from-modern-day-rock-star.html

Such overblown nonsense.

No it isn't. You can't just ignore all of that stuff. I'm in the middle with him, don't think he's the extreme "cancer" but no question he's a drama queen diva. You actually think he would be happy run blocking in the Vikings and Packers game because we won?
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Looks like they wanted Dorset and pivoted to Benjamin when he went to Seattle

How you figure? Maybe Kyle wanted a guy who had his best year in his system
Over Dorsett?
Nah I doubt that. We didn't have the cap for Dorsett

Didn't have the cap?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Should have went after Perriman.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Over Dorsett?

Didn't have the cap?
Short for cap space. He took an expensive one year deal I bet with Seattle
OBJ will never don a Niners uniform...for several reasons. Coach has some history w/Benjamin. He'll know how to use him. It's a 1-yr contract.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Should have went after Perriman.

Yup yup

I hope that Benjamin still has something in him and not just another bench warmer like Mathews
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He sucks.

Thank God we got this guy instead of a real difference-maker like OBJ

Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"EVERY SIGNING MUST BE A POTENTIAL ALL-PRO!"

-NT

"JOHN LYNCH IS THE BEST EVER!!!! HE COULD DO NO WRONG!!! PETTIS WILL WORK OUT, TRUST ME! WE JUST NEED TO GIVE SOLOMON THOMAS MORE TIME AT 3T!!!! THIS FA FOR THE NINERS HAS BEEN GREAT, SOLID DEPTH SIGNINGS!!! WE'RE HEADED TO THE SUPERBOWL GUYZ!"

-Also NT.

Originally posted by SteveYoung8:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He sucks.

Thank God we got this guy instead of a real difference-maker like OBJ

Let's hope we trade the 31st pick this year for Odell Beckham Jr. and maybe throw in a player or possibly a third or fourth rounder next year.

Then at 13 we could trade back a little bit to get a second or third round pick or even both so we can draft our interior lineman as well as a corner. We would be set because Beckham Jr. will make Jimmy Garoppolo look even better and the fact that our pass protection sucks at times, and the fact he gets open so quick will really help Jimmy G.

Our passing game and interior OL is our only weakness and this will upgrade it immensely because he is an elite wide receiver
Originally posted by 49ers808:
No it isn't. You can't just ignore all of that stuff. I'm in the middle with him, don't think he's the extreme "cancer" but no question he's a drama queen diva. You actually think he would be happy run blocking in the Vikings and Packers game because we won?

Yes it is. He's not a locker room cancer.

I said he's a bit of a diva, who cares about that? Some of the best WRs of all time got some diva in them.

Has he ever complained once about blocking or not getting the ball a ton WHEN they were winning?

Overblown media junk

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
OBJ will never don a Niners uniform...for several reasons. Coach has some history w/Benjamin. He'll know how to use him. It's a 1-yr contract.

Considering SF was trying to trade for him this time last yr and even chris simms (Kyle's bro) has stated kyle loves him some OBJ. So to say never is a bit of a reach imo.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by elguapo:
With him being a great punt returner he has a third best average in the league right now, Pettis And James are on notice. This guy is a great deep threat I remember him catching bombs all the time so Goodwin is as good as gone

Yep, this is a good signing. It sends a message to some of the down-roster guys that your spot is not secure. Competition all down the roster.

Can we get a special teams coach to push Richard Hightower? That dude has has 3 of the best return men in college history in Pettis, Reed and Mostert and a special team weapon in Wishnowsky and doesn't use any of them and can't get anything out of them...sticks with "safe" Taylor or James.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Over Dorsett?

Didn't have the cap?

LOL. Fans still trying to justify inactivity because of the "cap?"

These are conscious decisions, people.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 25, 2020 at 4:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by elguapo:
With him being a great punt returner he has a third best average in the league right now, Pettis And James are on notice. This guy is a great deep threat I remember him catching bombs all the time so Goodwin is as good as gone

Yep, this is a good signing. It sends a message to some of the down-roster guys that your spot is not secure. Competition all down the roster.

Can we get a special teams coach to push Richard Hightower? That dude has has 3 of the best return men in college history in Pettis, Reed and Mostert and a special team weapon in Wishnowsky and doesn't use any of them and can't get anything out of them...sticks with "safe" Taylor or James.

This is an important observation. Benjamin is an elite punt returner as well. 10.9 yards per return is good for 25th All time.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
This is an important observation. Benjamin is an elite punt returner as well. 10.9 yards per return is good for 25th All time.

The last 3 signings have all been for ST. No doubt, after a terrible Superbowl, Richie James finally has some real competition.
Share 49ersWebzone