LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by genus49:
My guess is this is the Jordan Matthews WR this year, except people won't be so excited about him cuz he's not related to Jerry Rice and he's short.

This. He's a placeholder until the draft.

Except that Matthews at least won himself the spot of being the first WR we call in a real emergency roster situation. This guy won't get that far.
Shanahan knows him and he is still very fast. I think he can push for Richie James position.

Count me optimistic with him. Also, I still want Ruggs. Having a track team for our backfield seemed to work out well, maybe we should get a track team that can run some routes
Goodbye Richie James. Returner. I guess they want someone more dynamic and don't trust James/Pettis and don't want Taylor doing it?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Goodbye Richie James. Returner. I guess they want someone more dynamic and don't trust James/Pettis and don't want Taylor doing it?

This, James is too passive when he's returning punts. Benjamin and James will battle it out for the return man job in TC, and the best man will get the job. Maybe they'll let him get some reps at WR if he shows something in camp. Not a bad signing, but I'm pretty sure that Lynch and Shanahan want to get a good WR prospect with the 13th pick
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Mar 24, 2020 at 1:16 PM ]
who??
Another fast receiver that has had trouble staying healthy. Just like sprinters they tend to get a lot of quad and hamstring injuries. He's actually prettty good when he plays and ran a 4.31 but with his injury history he probably isn't that fast anymore.
Oh.
  • cools
  • Veteran
im rooting for Goodwinto be a bright spot on the roster now that his family and things seemback to normal.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I'd rather have Richie james....another depth signing that is pointless.

Pointless? His speed opens up the offense.

Dude this is basically like bringing in aldrick robinson
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

OBJ is a cancer. I don't want him anywhere near my beloved 49ers.

No he is not. Such a overblown lazy comment calling him a cancer

i did give the FA grade a D, but this is easily an A now.

• krizay
  • Veteran
I mean I'd rather have Richie james....another depth signing that is pointless.

Pointless? His speed opens up the offense.

Dude this is basically like bringing in aldrick robinson

So his speed wont open up the offense?

Im confused
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by NCommand:

This, James is too passive when he's returning punts. Benjamin and James will battle it out for the return man job in TC, and the best man will get the job. Maybe they'll let him get some reps at WR if he shows something in camp. Not a bad signing, but I'm pretty sure that Lynch and Shanahan want to get a good WR prospect with the 13th pick

It's so easy to see their off season plans...

Checklist:
1. Pre-FA: Start filling out the 90
2. FA - Day 1: Sign a couple starters
3. FA - Day 2+: Sign all the depth and role players
4. FA - Slow down period: Complete ST
5. Draft
6. FA - June 1st cuts: Add aging/injury flier veterans
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM ]
So his speed wont open up the offense?

Im confused

Did Robinson? I mean if you had to tell me to pick between benji and Goodwin for just speed...I'm going Goodwin lol. Neither guy can stay healthy an both have s**tty hands.

Another meh signing that doesn't really change anything or make the team better
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM ]
6 catches last year?
Share 49ersWebzone