Tie with the SWR and XWR
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
As a slot, he's right on. Kyle's offense goes like this:
TE1 Kittle
ZWR Deebo
Tie with the SWR and XWR

i think he could be a better return guy than james. i am pulling for him.. yes he is not one of our guys and i would be more than happy to see him take a job from one of our guys
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dude hasn't been relevant for two seasons, just saying.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
we got guys who have not been healthy or relevant for a year for whatever reason. so why not give him a chance
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
we got guys who have not been healthy or relevant for a year for whatever reason. so why not give him a chance

Oh of course I'm gonna give him a chance (got no choice but to). I'm just saying I'm not gonna get my hopes up like I did Jordan Matthews.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Oh of course I'm gonna give him a chance (got no choice but to). I'm just saying I'm not gonna get my hopes up like I did Jordan Matthews.

i get that.. i had high hopes for matthews to. at least this guy can multi task and do returns
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Just camp fodder fellas.

That's also how I see this signing. There are already at least two WR's, Hurd and Taylor who will be coming off IR. They are young and we've already seen a hint of what both of them can do. Then, there's the draft coming up. The way I see it, the Niners, with a trade back and picking up extra picks, may draft two more WR's instead of just one. So, hold on and enjoy the ride
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
As a slot, he's right on. Kyle's offense goes like this:
TE1 Kittle
ZWR Deebo
Tie with the SWR and XWR

i think he could be a better return guy than james. i am pulling for him.. yes he is not one of our guys and i would be more than happy to see him take a job from one of our guys

If he beats out James, he's on the 55. Active. If he adds anything more to SWR, that's a bonus.
This is how you sustain success, plug productive players who know the offense already. I wanted Breshard Perriman, but I get Shanny picking Benjamin. He won't miss a beat. He knows what Shanny wants an can do it day one. First he has to make the team though

Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
This is how you sustain success, plug productive players who know the offense already. I wanted Breshard Perriman, but I get Shanny picking Benjamin. He won't miss a beat. He knows what Shanny wants an can do it day one. First he has to make the team though

He's got a great shot to make the team. Who knows what will happen with Pettis and Goodwin. Hurd and Trent will come back slowly and Benjamin knows the offense already. He reminds me more of when we brought in Goodwin in '17 than bum Mathews in '19.

Regardless, I'm still praying for Jeudy at 13.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Apr 4, 2020 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Just camp fodder fellas.

That's also how I see this signing. There are already at least two WR's, Hurd and Taylor who will be coming off IR. They are young and we've already seen a hint of what both of them can do. Then, there's the draft coming up. The way I see it, the Niners, with a trade back and picking up extra picks, may draft two more WR's instead of just one. So, hold on and enjoy the ride

Sure, but those two guys cannot stay healthy and back issues are nothing to sneeze at. They may never come around. Hurd also is a completely different type of receiver. And, most importantly, neither have the SPEED of this guy. You cannot teach speed. He could be a perfect complement to what Deebo and Little bring to the table.

I donno, but color me optimistic. I'm excited to see what Travis can do. And especially after what Whitner said, it makes me even more excited. Besides, Maiocco said that he wouldn't make the roster, which makes it almost guaranteed that he will. Maiocco, while a nice guy, is the dumbest prognosticator reporting on the team. He should just stick to reporting the facts, because he's hopeless at analytics.

Oh . . . and I'd lay odds that the Niners don't draft a WR in the first round.
There's an awful lot of capable 6 feet under receivers on the roster. Hurd is coming back from being hurt and Poindexter is big but slow.

One guy that's really intriguing to me that might be had further down in round 1 is Denzel Mims 6'3 207 lbs 4.38 sort of reminds of that guy that looks to turn into something up there in Washington, DK Metcalf.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
There's an awful lot of capable 6 feet under receivers on the roster. Hurd is coming back from being hurt and Poindexter is big but slow.

One guy that's really intriguing to me that might be had further down in round 1 is Denzel Mims 6'3 207 lbs 4.38 sort of reminds of that guy that looks to turn into something up there in Washington, DK Metcalf.

I really like Mims too. He really has a lot of potential.
Share 49ersWebzone