Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Another free agent gem.

-NT
not a gem,, but he probably is better than worthless james. lol

James is far from worthless.
Originally posted by Mayor:
2021's Jordan Matthews

Pretty much. He might win the return job though.
2021's Jordan Matthews

Nah. More like Tedd Ginn Jr.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Another free agent gem.

-NT
not a gem,, but he probably is better than worthless james. lol

How is James worthless? They give literally no snaps, so I'm confused as to how he's worthless.

Looked pretty good right here:

And here:

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
2021's Jordan Matthews

Pretty much. He might win the return job though.
I think so . the lovefest for james is remarkable here. i think this guy can be a better return guy than james and play more of a role in the wide out department. but i get it .. he is not one of our guys so he is a bum. just like some of the fans who are tearing down sanders now that he is not on the team
Originally posted by NCommand:

This is interesting insight, what about Taylor?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
James showing in the super bowl should probably cement his place on the roster.. as i channel my inner april fools day self
Again, low risk signing that could reap huge rewards. He hasn't been healthy the past two years, but if he's healthy here, he could be a contributor.

We'll see. I think either way, we know Bourne can play the slot, Taylor can, and we'll bring in prospects for competition. This receiving group is going to have a ferocious competition and we're going to make sure we've upgraded the whole unit and that someone has stepped it up like Kyle wants.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

This is interesting insight, what about Taylor?

If he's healthy but that's a big if.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Again, low risk signing that could reap huge rewards. He hasn't been healthy the past two years, but if he's healthy here, he could be a contributor.

We'll see. I think either way, we know Bourne can play the slot, Taylor can, and we'll bring in prospects for competition. This receiving group is going to have a ferocious competition and we're going to make sure we've upgraded the whole unit and that someone has stepped it up like Kyle wants.

Yup Jeudy, Deebo, Bourne, Hurd are definites while Taylor, James, Pettis, and Benjamin battle it out for 2 spots. I think Pettis and Benjamin win.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yup Jeudy, Deebo, Bourne, Hurd are definites while Taylor, James, Pettis, and Benjamin battle it out for 2 spots. I think Pettis and Benjamin win.

I agree with this, but I think we could keep 7 WRs, maybe anyway. I still have high hopes for Pettis to bounce back, anyone counting him out are crazy, players have bad years, and then bounce back the next year(s). Just don't count Pettis 100% out/gone from the 49ers.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I agree with this, but I think we could keep 7 WRs, maybe anyway. I still have high hopes for Pettis to bounce back, anyone counting him out are crazy, players have bad years, and then bounce back the next year(s). Just don't count Pettis 100% out/gone from the 49ers.

With the new rule changes, aren't the rosters extended to 56 now ? Or that doesn't kick in until next year ?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

With the new rule changes, aren't the rosters extended to 56 now ? Or that doesn't kick in until next year ?

Good question - I think it kicks in this year.
Share 49ersWebzone