LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
What are you basing this on? How many Chargers games have you watched the last 3-4 years? If the dude was a scrub he would have been out of the NFL already. Guy has played 8 years in the league.

I mean half of those years he was the primary punt returner for his team (which he was pretty decent at) and at the end of the day being a speedy deep threat has also helped keep him in the league.

Not gonna say I've seen every game this guy has ever played but I've seen my fair share of him. Go routes and corner routes are pretty much his only go to routes. If you really want insight on players, just ask fans for player's former teams. I like to poke around the web and get their fanbase's opinions of former players and I haven't seen too much positive stuff about this guy from their fanbase either. Seen alot of the previous posted on this guy and at one point last year saw a stat thrown out there that showed he had the second worse drop rate in the NFL.

End of day if you think he was a quality signing, ok. I'm sorry I don't and I don't think he makes this team. Just my opinion.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 28, 2020 at 6:37 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This guy has 4.5 speed.
This is just a depth signing, nothing more, nothing less. Need bodies incase of injuries. I hope he doesn't get a lot of playing time, because it would mean we are dealing with a lot on injuries at WR.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 29, 2020 at 12:29 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.

Bourne is a keeper - give him a 3-year, $24M deal.
What? I like him and he's definitely proved me wrong, but that is starter money. Bourne at best, can be a really good number 3.

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
What are you basing this on? How many Chargers games have you watched the last 3-4 years? If the dude was a scrub he would have been out of the NFL already. Guy has played 8 years in the league.

I mean half of those years he was the primary punt returner for his team (which he was pretty decent at) and at the end of the day being a speedy deep threat has also helped keep him in the league.

Not gonna say I've seen every game this guy has ever played but I've seen my fair share of him. Go routes and corner routes are pretty much his only go to routes. If you really want insight on players, just ask fans for player's former teams. I like to poke around the web and get their fanbase's opinions of former players and I haven't seen too much positive stuff about this guy from their fanbase either. Seen alot of the previous posted on this guy and at one point last year saw a stat thrown out there that showed he had the second worse drop rate in the NFL.

End of day if you think he was a quality signing, ok. I'm sorry I don't and I don't think he makes this team. Just my opinion.

Yup. Just a camp body.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This is just a depth signing, nothing more, nothing less. Need bodies incase of injuries. I hope he doesn't get a lot of playing time, because it would mean we are dealing with a lot on injuries at WR.

Yeah, definitely a depth signing.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.

What? I like him and he's definitely proved me wrong, but that is starter money. Bourne at best, can be a really good number 3.

Yup. Just a camp body.
If he runs a 4.4 he's more than a camp body
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Yup. Just a camp body.
If he runs a 4.4 he's more than a camp body

Reportedly, clocked at 4.57.

You sure your not looking at Eno Benjamin? Travis Benjamin ran a 4.36 40 when he entered the league.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 29, 2020 at 11:02 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

You sure your not looking at Eno Benjamin? Travis Benjamin ran a 4.36 40 when he entered the league.

Might be a different Benjamin, then.

Eno Benjamin ran a 4.57 at this year's combine. Pretty sure that's who your getting him mixed up with.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 29, 2020 at 11:03 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Eno Benjamin ran a 4.57 at this year's combine. Pretty sure that's who your getting him mixed up with.

Yeah, thanks.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 29, 2020 at 11:09 PM ]
Camp body, think Jordon Mathews and if they trade Goodwin-one speed guy for another.
[ Edited by WildBill on Mar 29, 2020 at 11:29 PM ]
Yeah, thanks.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Yeah, definitely a depth signing.

or fans facing the facts we over valued people like james pettis and goodwin
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Another free agent gem.

-NT
not a gem,, but he probably is better than worthless james. lol
Share 49ersWebzone