There are 231 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.

Bourne is a keeper - give him a 3-year, $24M deal.

You don't think that's way way too much for him? I would say 5-6 mil a year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.

You think it's too much? - I'm thinking it's a competitive offer. Maybe, it's a little high for him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 27, 2020 at 3:10 AM ]

You think it's too much? - I'm thinking it's a competitive offer. Maybe, it's a little high for him.

I think your deal is more competitive if he was a free agent however if we extended him I think it would be closer to mine. Either way I think he makes a great number three but I wouldn't want to rely on him as our number two option at receiver
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think your deal is more competitive if he was a free agent however if we extended him I think it would be closer to mine. Either way I think he makes a great number three but I wouldn't want to rely on him as our number two option at receiver

Yeah, I see him in the mold of Arnez Battle when he was with us. A workman moving the chains type.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I'd rather have Richie james....another depth signing that is pointless.

Pointless? His speed opens up the offense.

But his fear of contact is glaring. What good does it do to "open" the offence for a WR who don't wanna be hit. Gonna see a lot of "alligator" arms from him. He's gonna be a one trick pony for Shanny - go-routes and that's about it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I thought Benjamin was taller - only 5'10".

5'10 aint bad, taller than me LOL. Not sure what we'll get out of him, if he can kick James off the team, and be our new PR I'd be happy, and Pettis stepping up in 2020.

Yeah, he's going to have to beat out Pettis, Hurd and Taylor.

well. there is no sure bet taylor and hurd will be back. pettis is a non factor to me.. some love james but after what i saw in the super bowl and when i saw what this guy has done with returns.. i believe he can easily beat out james

Yeah, I see him in the mold of Arnez Battle when he was with us. A workman moving the chains type.

That's a great comp and I would easily compare him to Kendrick. I'm really impressed that he gets a lot of first downs and touchdowns considering he isn't targeted that much. He makes a great third option and I am so happy we are going to get one of the top three receivers in the draft at number 13, I really hope.
Wouldn't be shocked if he made the team. So much uncertainty and health concerns at WR for us.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Wouldn't be shocked if he made the team. So much uncertainty and health concerns at WR for us.

And now we can keep a few more players on the roster

I think his value is somewhere in between both. That 6-8 mil is where most of the NFL slot receivers are being paid right now.

I've seen a few people excited about this move...I'm very confused as to why?

If he's on the 53 man roster come September(assuming we're back on track for the start of the season) I'd be shocked...or pretty disappointed because it likely means we either got hit with a rash of injuries, some guys couldn't overcome their injuries or we drafted in a very confusing way.
Originally posted by genus49:

If he's on the 53 man roster come September(assuming we're back on track for the start of the season) I'd be shocked...or pretty disappointed because it likely means we either got hit with a rash of injuries, some guys couldn't overcome their injuries or we drafted in a very confusing way.

Same. Receiver that's fast but has always had trouble creating consistent separation, scared of contact, and has untrustworthy hands.

It's the off-season in which we've had an uneventful one other than trading Buckner. This is just something to talk about for now. This is pretty much last seasons Jordan Mathews. Lots of people were sold on that signing as well. No way I see him making the team.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 28, 2020 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by genus49:

Same. Receiver that's fast but has always had trouble creating consistent separation, scared of contact, and has untrustworthy hands.

It's the off-season in which we've had an uneventful one other than trading Buckner. This is just something to talk about for now. This is pretty much last seasons Jordan Mathews. Lots of people were sold on that signing as well. No way I see him making the team.

What are you basing this on? How many Chargers games have you watched the last 3-4 years? If the dude was a scrub he would have been out of the NFL already. Guy has played 8 years in the league.

Bourne isn't worth $8 mil a year. Too slow and too much dancing. He's worth $2 or $3 mil per year max
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Another free agent gem.

-NT
Share 49ersWebzone