There are 125 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by elguapo:
With him being a great punt returner he has a third best average in the league right now, Pettis And James are on notice. This guy is a great deep threat I remember him catching bombs all the time so Goodwin is as good as gone

Yep, this is a good signing. It sends a message to some of the down-roster guys that your spot is not secure. Competition all down the roster.

Can we get a special teams coach to push Richard Hightower? That dude has has 3 of the best return men in college history in Pettis, Reed and Mostert and a special team weapon in Wishnowsky and doesn't use any of them and can't get anything out of them...sticks with "safe" Taylor or James.

I've been pushing for Pettis to be the punt returner For : years. I know he muffed one or two of them however you don't not put the all-time punt returner in the history of college football back on the bench. At least let him try to return punts, I'm sure he's a play maker we've seen him juke people and break ankles so what the hell?

We already moved Moore back to his original position and it looks like Solomon Thomas will get more work at his original position, we moved ward back to his original position now it's time to put Pettis at his position in terms of returning Punts.
Originally posted by cciowa:
it just would mean our team has over valued people like taylor goodwin and pettis.. i think if benjamin would take the spot of james.. it would make us a very very small bit better in the wide out department and alot better in the return game in my opinion. you just hope whoever we pick at 13 is the real deal and another deebo and not another... well you know the names from our past

Very true nice post Iowa. One thing you have to give the Niners credit for is our pics at receiver have never been this high we rarely spend top 15 pics on a wide receiver so I think the odds are he will be the real deal more than not. Lamb Jeudy or Ruggs are all legit.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
It will be extremely disappointing if Benjamin makes this team.

Why? Benjamin has had a pretty solid career compared to the guys in the doghouse. Samuel and Bourne are trending up. Everyone else? Eh. Could be Benjamin's last opportunity. Now my preference? I would prefer that Pettis and co rise to the occasion. I'm pretty convinced that one will. I hope we get Travis Benjamin's best. That way, if he is cut, it will be because people stepped up as opposed to last training camp where no receiver really separated themselves.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
With him being a great punt returner he has a third best average in the league right now, Pettis And James are on notice. This guy is a great deep threat I remember him catching bombs all the time so Goodwin is as good as gone

Yep, this is a good signing. It sends a message to some of the down-roster guys that your spot is not secure. Competition all down the roster.

Can we get a special teams coach to push Richard Hightower? That dude has has 3 of the best return men in college history in Pettis, Reed and Mostert and a special team weapon in Wishnowsky and doesn't use any of them and can't get anything out of them...sticks with "safe" Taylor or James.

I've been pushing for Pettis to be the punt returner For : years. I know he muffed one or two of them however you don't not put the all-time punt returner in the history of college football back on the bench. At least let him try to return punts, I'm sure he's a play maker we've seen him juke people and break ankles so what the hell?

We already moved Moore back to his original position and it looks like Solomon Thomas will get more work at his original position, we moved ward back to his original position now it's time to put Pettis at his position in terms of returning Punts.

Kyle did say he wanted Dante Pettis to make up his (Kyle's) mind for him. If Dante wants the job, he has the green light to take it.
I like the signing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As a side note: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107418/article/roundup-giants-saints-sign-former-xfl-standouts

Dorsett signed a $1 million deal. Benjamin's deal appears to be incentive-laden, with max earning potential of $2 million.

Where's WestCoastO now aka KittleSkittle?
[ Edited by 9NERNATE on Mar 25, 2020 at 1:18 PM ]
I've been on this whole "incentives" thing since the no-name Olineman signing.

Do people not understand the bargaining position we are in with guys nearing the last few yrs of their careers??

Remember when Randy became a Patriot?

We can sell the lure of a possible title (something important to alot of veterans)... and end up having much better training camp roster t(talent-wis)o possible. Get them here and let the cream rise to the top!!
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 25, 2020 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
As a side note: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107418/article/roundup-giants-saints-sign-former-xfl-standouts

Dorsett signed a $1 million deal. Benjamin's deal appears to be incentive-laden, with max earning potential of $2 million.

This from that article, OUCH $20M for 2yrs for Robby Anderson, never proven to be a #1 WR, now he gets $10M a yr, damn

Following the news of the big subtraction, Carolina made a big addition to its re-shaping offense, locking down former Jets receiver Robby Anderson on a two-year worth $20 million with $12 million in Year 1, Rapoport reported.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

This from that article, OUCH $20M for 2yrs for Robby Anderson, never proven to be a #1 WR, now he gets $10M a yr, damn

Following the news of the big subtraction, Carolina made a big addition to its re-shaping offense, locking down former Jets receiver Robby Anderson on a two-year worth $20 million with $12 million in Year 1, Rapoport reported.

glad we didnt land Robby since we already have Pettis... Pettis just need to worry about catching the ball instead of sun screen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I thought Benjamin was taller - only 5'10".

Originally posted by mayo49:

5'10 aint bad, taller than me LOL. Not sure what we'll get out of him, if he can kick James off the team, and be our new PR I'd be happy, and Pettis stepping up in 2020.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

5'10 aint bad, taller than me LOL. Not sure what we'll get out of him, if he can kick James off the team, and be our new PR I'd be happy, and Pettis stepping up in 2020.

Yeah, he's going to have to beat out Pettis, Hurd and Taylor.

Yeah, he's going to have to beat out Pettis, Hurd and Taylor.

I think it's possible we keep 7 WRs, and 2 TEs with Hurd being a WR/TE hybrid, and I do believe Pettis makes the team, I'd love to see him return Punts, but that's me. I'm actually fine without Sanders more than I thought I would be, Bourne has surprised me, should look into a 3 or 4 yr deal for him like we did Mostert last year, get him locked up while his price is small. Deebo, hopefuly, doesn't have a setback, cause he's a beast. Taylor in the Slot, Hurd as that RedZone threat that NC always talks about, leaves someone like Benjamin as the PR, plus with the new rules being able to have 2 extra actives each week, we could have 6 WRs active each week, Shanny could get real creative.
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I agree on trying to lock Bourne up while he's cheap. Perhaps something in the 3 year 10-11 million TOTAL with the first 2 years guaranteed? It's worked out great for us with Mostert.

Bourne is a keeper - give him a 3-year, $24M deal.
Share 49erswebzone