LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 192 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hyder's deal is 1yr $1.165M, only counts $940K, no GTD money apparently.
  • thl408
If the 49ers can fortify the DT position and keep them healthy, that would allow Hyder to play DE, his optimal position. No more banking on Maurice Hurst and Kinlaw to stay healthy. Hargrave, AA, McGill, Givens, KDavis - need one more rotational DT imo.
Originally posted by thl408:
If the 49ers can fortify the DT position and keep them healthy, that would allow Hyder to play DE, his optimal position. No more banking on Maurice Hurst and Kinlaw to stay healthy. Hargrave, AA, McGill, Givens, KDavis - need one more rotational DT imo.

I want a big run stopping DT to round out this group. Maybe a veteran gets cut.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I'd be down with a big bodied DT veteran. Someone Hassan Ridgeway-like would be perfect in case McGill goes down. Kinlaw is Kinlaw, while Givens and KDavis are smaller type DTs that I wouldn't trust to hold their ground.

Id rather draft and develop. Stop the revolving door and get a guy under contract for a few years. My hope is to get one on the 5th and another in the 7th.
Agreed, Givens, Hargrave, and Davis aren't run stuffers
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Id rather draft and develop. Stop the revolving door and get a guy under contract for a few years. My hope is to get one on the 5th and another in the 7th.

True but the FA market is usually oversaturated with DT's so we should be able to pick up a quality cheap one later this summer...usually a late cut so it won't count against the comp formula. But yeah, if we get one late, Foerster is the man to develop him quickly.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2023 at 1:34 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
True but the FA market is usually oversaturated with DT's so we should be able to pick up a quality cheap one later this summer...usually a late cut so it won't count against the comp formula. But yeah, if we get one late, Foerster is the man to develop him quickly.

Foerster doing fat ass rails to coach OL and DL.
Hyder to Houston's PS, https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-make-three-ps-moves-including-signing-de-kerry-hyder/
Come back...

Share 49ersWebzone