LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Patoranking:
Thanks... and yikes . I'm with you on AA at this point, only 1 really good season to be worth his cap number. Given we're so tight money-wise I hope they find a better way to use it (pay cut / trade), would rather pay Hyder with a good chunk of that cap.

If I'm Lynch and Shanny, I try to entice Saleh with taking AA to wherever he goes.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Thanks... and yikes . I'm with you on AA at this point, only 1 really good season to be worth his cap number. Given we're so tight money-wise I hope they find a better way to use it (pay cut / trade), would rather pay Hyder with a good chunk of that cap.

If I'm Lynch and Shanny, I try to entice Saleh with taking AA to wherever he goes.

We can't trade him without losing cap room($6M) temporarily, which would put us in a bind IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

lynch have him a terrible contract for us in my opinion
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd rather have Hyder at edge, along with Ronald Blair, Nick Bosa, a rookie, and Jordan Willis, that way AA plays exclusively on the interior.

The only way AA can exclusively play inside is if you move Kinlaw to 2i nose.

I like Kinlaw's potential at 3T better than AA, so there's that. But if we resign Hyder, I just don't see how AA starts with a healthy Bosa. The lineup looks to be Bosa-? (I don't expect Jones back)-Kinlaw-Hyder, then Bosa/AA/Kinlaw/Hyder on 3rd down. I'm just hoping that AA can look All Pro with all the talent next to him again. He pulls it off for 2 seasons and some team will fall for the fool's gold. We can trade him and be relieved of the final 2 years of his deal. The timing works well because it's in the timeframe where the Bosa extension has to be worked out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I wonder how much he'll be wanting to resign with us (ballpark figure)...
He is probably gonna want 8-10 million a season, on like a 3 year deal. I would offer something in the 2 year 15 million total, with the whole thing guaranteed. 7 million in 2021, and 8 million in 2022. I hope we draft an edge rusher in the 1st or 2nd round this year to be our eventual edge partner with Bosa.
3 year 24mil deal would be nice. 6 in the first year. Basically cut Ford and transfer that money over so we're paying the same amount for the position but get a player who is actually healthy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
He is probably gonna want 8-10 million a season, on like a 3 year deal. I would offer something in the 2 year 15 million total, with the whole thing guaranteed. 7 million in 2021, and 8 million in 2022. I hope we draft an edge rusher in the 1st or 2nd round this year to be our eventual edge partner with Bosa.

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
3 year 24mil deal would be nice. 6 in the first year. Basically cut Ford and transfer that money over so we're paying the same amount for the position but get a player who is actually healthy.

I think that might be too much for us... Aldon Smith (if both sides are interested) could cost much less.

Or maybe 49ers look elsewhere in FA and draft...
I hope they resign Hyder.
We need to find a way to keep Hyder. He was one of the few bright spots on the team.

Originally posted by LVJay:

I think that might be too much for us... Aldon Smith (if both sides are interested) could cost much less.

Aldon would have PTSD coming back to SF
  • Mr711
Watch him go to the Jets
  • Mr711
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Aldon would have PTSD coming back to SF

Maybe... but Kaep and Nessa are on the east coast so he's good...
Hope he enjoys New Jersey.

Maybe an edge in the 2nd. There aren't really any edge rushers worth drafting at #12.
Share 49ersWebzone