LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
better than b***h ass ford
4th in the nfl in sacks give the man 8 mil per year
Originally posted by elguapo:

You read my mind on money, I now have him at $8M a year, 3yr $24M deal.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

You're the man AB, and for now that would just be Solomon Thomas' money. I'd be wary of too long a deal. Bosa is our guy and AA has big money. I wouldn't want to still be on the hook for Hyder's contract when Bosa gets paid.

Saying that, he's played way above expectations and should definitely be extended at least through next year.

Hell yeah your projected signings are exactly mine too my man

on point deal right there.

Yeah, when I look at the other contracts, that looks just about right.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah, when I look at the other contracts, that looks just about right.

I agree although his price will only go up with the more sacks he gets. Double digit sacks and I doubt his agent is accepting $8mil a yr.

He's actually 10th, but that's still dang freaking good for a journeyman. Top 10? I'll take that any day. Get Dee Ford out of here, draft a speed rusher or two. And roll with Bosa, Hyder, and those guys next year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
too bad he'll be gone after this season because of Armstead's contract.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chez:
too bad he'll be gone after this season because of Armstead's contract.

why keep hyder when you got good old aa
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He's actually 10th, but that's still dang freaking good for a journeyman. Top 10? I'll take that any day. Get Dee Ford out of here, draft a speed rusher or two. And roll with Bosa, Hyder, and those guys next year.

I wonder where they are going to find these speed rushers in the draft. They probably will draft a QB in the 1st three rounds. They also need a couple of interior linemen, especially a center. DBs are going to be needed since some will leave because of the salary cap. It isn't mentioned much, but this ream is really thin at LB. It hasn't shown up since that area has been relatively heathy but we have no depth there. Warner and Greenlaw are really good but I'd like to see another good one so we could have 3 solid guys instead of just 2. That doesn't leave a lot to draft speed rushers, especially since these guys usually go early. If Saleh leaves we could pick up an extra pick.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 4, 2020 at 8:45 AM ]
I wonder how much better Hyder would be with Bosa rushing from the other side. Throw in a solid off season and a year of experience for Kinlaw and this team could present a serious pass rush next season.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 4, 2020 at 8:49 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wonder how much better Hyder would be with Bosa rushing from the other side. Throw in a solid off season and a year of experience for Kinlaw and this team could present a serious pass rush next season.

you still need to get a pass rusher with a draft pick at 2 in my opinion after you get the best center in the country at one. people just assuming bosa will be back. and normal when the bullets start to fly for real
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

you still need to get a pass rusher with a draft pick at 2 in my opinion after you get the best center in the country at one. people just assuming bosa will be back. and normal when the bullets start to fly for real

Is this suppose to be a good year for pass rushers? I'm asking because with all the disruptions in college ball I haven't seen a lot of standout DE play. Many of the coaches believe it's because of practice restrictions. Offense can practice on their own as far as passing/receiving goes. The defense has to practice against someone.
Share 49ersWebzone