There are 254 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hyder is on pace for the quietest 10 sack season ever.

Shaq Lawson got 3 yrs, $30m, and Hyder is twice the player he is. Enjoy Hyder while we've got him because he won't be here next season.

Can we trans/tender him?
They'll keep Hyder. I have no idea how, but they will lol. Between Hyder, a rookie DE, and possibly Ronald Blair, that's they key to being able to let Dee Ford walk after 2021. I only say after 2021 because the team won't be taking all of those cap hits at once (Ford, Jimmy G, etc).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
They'll keep Hyder. I have no idea how, but they will lol. Between Hyder, a rookie DE, and possibly Ronald Blair, that's they key to being able to let Dee Ford walk after 2021. I only say after 2021 because the team won't be taking all of those cap hits at once (Ford, Jimmy G, etc).

That's the thing. Unless Jimmy takes a pay cut they won't be able to afford Hyder
Originally posted by lamontb:

That's the thing. Unless Jimmy takes a pay cut they won't be able to afford Hyder

Jimmy getting the 🪓

Either Jimmy is being cut/traded or his deal is restructured, like I've said in the past teams hold the right to redo deals with players with multiple years remaining, so Jimmy won't say no to an upfront signing bonus, could save as much as $18.42M, or if cut, $23M.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Can we trans/tender him?

Lol, I had to double take that
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hyder is on pace for the quietest 10 sack season ever.

Shaq Lawson got 3 yrs, $30m, and Hyder is twice the player he is. Enjoy Hyder while we've got him because he won't be here next season.

4 players playing at the top of their respective positions/roles that we should be very concerned about retaining: Trent Williams, Jason Verrett, K'Waun Williams and Kerry Hyder

lol they certainly can. But the question is if this team will make it a priority for him to come back.
Originally posted by NCommand:
4 players playing at the top of their respective positions/roles that we should be very concerned about retaining: Trent Williams, Jason Verrett, K'Waun Williams and Kerry Hyder

I wouldn't touch Verrett with a 10ft pole
Originally posted by pdizo916:

If we don't that will put our DB situation in a baaaaaad situation

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

If we don't that will put our DB situation in a baaaaaad situation

Yeah, kind of screwed on that one.

I think the 49ers should focus on Trent Williams and then resign whoever they can. If Kerry Hyder keeps up this pace, there's 0 chance he'll be back. If I'm his agent, I'm looking around the league and seeing all these edge players--who I'm certain Hyder is better than--getting paid. For Hyder, like Juice, this will likely be his final contract in the NFL. He'll be looking to secure the bag for himself and his family.

Look at the #'s these edge players are getting:

Shaq Lawson - 3 yrs, $30m w/ $20.8m guaranteed
Emmanuel Ogbah - 2 yrs, $15m w/ $7.5m guaranteed
Dante Fowler - 3 yrs, $45m w/ $29m guaranteed
Olivier Vernon - 1 yr, $11m fully guaranteed
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 22, 2020 at 12:49 PM ]

I think the 49ers should focus on Trent Williams and then resign whoever they can. If Kerry Hyder keeps up this pace, there's 0 chance he'll be back. If I'm his agent, I'm looking around the league and seeing all these edge players--who I'm certain Hyder is better than--getting paid. For Hyder, like Juice, this will likely be his final contract in the NFL. He'll be looking to secure the bag for himself and his family.

Look at the #'s these edge players are getting:

Shaq Lawson - 3 yrs, $30m w/ $20.8m guaranteed
Emmanuel Ogbah - 2 yrs, $15m w/ $7.5m guaranteed
Dante Fowler - 3 yrs, $45m w/ $29m guaranteed
Olivier Vernon - 1 yr, $11m fully guaranteed

Well, you knows me, I'm always prioritizing the OL. LOL. But that's where my priority would start too for sure. But he's going to get paid now that's he'll be a true FA and can get in a bidding war. I accounted for Verrett and Williams but I blew it on Hyder. You're absolutely right.
we have so much depth at DL that we can let him walk.. lets see what happens.. we need to pay key players before we even consider paying Hayder
I always love to go back and look at the first two or three pages after we sign a guy he is either the web zone Superstar or he sucks balls. Hyder has been a great signing. You wouldn't have known that by the first two or three pages though a lot of professional scouts on here.
Share 49ersWebzone