There are 233 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
A must re-sign after the season.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
A must re-sign after the season.

For sure. He should be pretty affordable
Just for grins, go back and re-read the first couple pages in this thread. Then look at the results to date thru our first small # of games played. Look at what Hyder has done. The glue in this argument is Kocurek. He KNEW. He knows DL talent and go to see Hyder up close and personal. When you look at the impact Kocurek has had on the DLine, it is a safe bet to go where ever he goes. And if he says Hyder, well so be it.

And several games in....BINGO! Another signup, whether from DAL or the Walmart parking lot and we got ourselves a bona fide winner. There are some obvious coaches you want to go with when they suggest someone . For Example:

DL...Kocurek
RB...Kyle
DB....John Lynch/ former coach Woods.
LB....Saleh
TE...kyle/JL
FB....Kyle/JL
WR...that one's been tough, altho i love our talent right this moment.
QB...JL/kyle after some uglier decisions. This one surprised me.
OL...JL....Hroniss Grasu? You kidding me? And Yet we just saw him play almost a perfect game. Wow!. Trent? Kyle/JL Laken, McG, Brunskill...all Kyle/JL.

You have to have great coaching go along with the talent, but no question, Benton got on the ball and McG turned it around. Same for rest of OL.

Bottom line is when JL shows up with some new talent (or older with miles on it), don't just Pooh Pooh it. We got guys bringing in talent that anybody could have had. But with our long list of I.R./PUP, we had to have. And the above guys were part and parcel of that.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 28, 2020 at 3:27 PM ]
Coaching means more in the NFL than it does in any other major American sport. Great Coaching makes good players great and great players stars.

We are fortunate to have the coaches we have and it shows with the development of our players.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Just for grins, go back and re-read the first couple pages in this thread. Then look at the results to date thru our first small # of games played. Look at what Hyder has done. The glue in this argument is Kocurek. He KNEW. He knows DL talent and go to see Hyder up close and personal. When you look at the impact Kocurek has had on the DLine, it is a safe bet to go where ever he goes. And if he says Hyder, well so be it.

A little off topic, but it also seems like Kocurek handpicked Jordan Willis with the advise of his mentor Washburn after training Willis in the offseason. Maybe Washburn saw great potential in Willis in the wide 9 and gave him his blessings. Not expecting a lot from him, I just hope he pans out.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

And several games in....BINGO! Another signup, whether from DAL or the Walmart parking lot and we got ourselves a bona fide winner. There are some obvious coaches you want to go with when they suggest someone . For Example:

DL...Kocurek
RB...Kyle
DB....John Lynch/ former coach Woods.
LB....Saleh
TE...kyle/JL
FB....Kyle/JL
WR...that one's been tough, altho i love our talent right this moment.
QB...JL/kyle after some uglier decisions. This one surprised me.
OL...JL....Hroniss Grasu? You kidding me? And Yet we just saw him play almost a perfect game. Wow!. Trent? Kyle/JL Laken, McG, Brunskill...all Kyle/JL.

You have to have great coaching go along with the talent, but no question, Benton got on the ball and McG turned it around. Same for rest of OL.

Bottom line is when JL shows up with some new talent (or older with miles on it), don't just Pooh Pooh it. We got guys bringing in talent that anybody could have had. But with our long list of I.R./PUP, we had to have. And the above guys were part and parcel of that.

Give Bobby Turner MAJOR CREDIT for the development of our RBs. Remember Turner was around coaching RBs to 1000 yard seasons when Klye was in HS. Turner was there with Mike Shanahan coaching undrafted and late round RBs to pro bowl seasons. At a strong 71 years old, there is no position coach more respected or have achieved more than Turner. The man's resume is unreal. Our backs would not be as good as there are without Bobby Turner coaching them up.
^^^Good point...tip of he hat to Bobby Turner. Should have mentioned him also.
This guy is a beast and what a motor he has. Relentless and never gives up on a play
[ Edited by Ark49er on Nov 15, 2020 at 5:23 PM ]
Definitely a keeper.

He's making Ford's contract even worse (if that's possible). Sure hindsight is 20/20 but Hyder and Bosa on the edges, draft a young speed rusher to develop behind him, and save 20 odd mil would be very handy about now.

Will be very disappointed if we let him go because I think we'll need him in 2021.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Definitely a keeper.

He's making Ford's contract even worse (if that's possible). Sure hindsight is 20/20 but Hyder and Bosa on the edges, draft a young speed rusher to develop behind him, and save 20 odd mil would be very handy about now.

Will be very disappointed if we let him go because I think we'll need him in 2021.

All yeah, sign him to a good but fair contract and dump Ford if can for any draft pick, to use that money to strengthen other areas like the right side of the OL.
[ Edited by Ark49er on Nov 15, 2020 at 6:15 PM ]

I truly think a D-Line of Bosa-Kinlaw-AA-Hyder will be a problem and murder O-Lines, the addition of Bosa and Kinlaw with another year while AA gets to play where he's best at with talent all around. I give up on Ford and can't see them using a 1st on an edge, so resign Hyder and maybe a vet like Kerrigan with a late rd rook. I hope Ford does us a favor and retires
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I truly think a D-Line of Bosa-Kinlaw-AA-Hyder will be a problem and murder O-Lines, the addition of Bosa and Kinlaw with another year while AA gets to play where he's best at with talent all around. I give up on Ford and can't see them using a 1st on an edge, so resign Hyder and maybe a vet like Kerrigan with a late rd rook. I hope Ford does us a favor and retires
Agree about Kerrigan. Bosa will be coming back from a knee injury so they have to get someone that can help and rotate with Bosa and Hyder.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Agree about Kerrigan. Bosa will be coming back from a knee injury so they have to get someone that can help and rotate with Bosa and Hyder.

All of this. Hopefully Blair can also help. He's like another Hyder imo
Originally posted by elguapo:

Very true, forgot about Blair.
Originally posted by elguapo:

What's going on with Blair team has been waiting on him for years. Is he going to play this season?
Share 49ersWebzone