LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Denver signs OL Tom Compton

Shop 49ers game tickets
He may not end up making the team. Signing guys now is something that always happens prior to camp. They need bodies. If he plays well enough then they keep him. If not he's gone and he cos them nothing.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He may not end up making the team. Signing guys now is something that always happens prior to camp. They need bodies. If he plays well enough then they keep him. If not he's gone and he cos them nothing.

Wanna bet? Lots of folks said the same thing about Garland and Person in the past 2 years.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Wanna bet? Lots of folks said the same thing about Garland and Person in the past 2 years.

The poster simply stated a fact, no need to get defensive... I for one believe camp bodies, ie udfa's and nfl veterans with back against the wall of career ending dedicate themselves to come to camp physically and emotionally ready. To compete or be done in the NFL. This is why signings like Brunskill, Ben Garland where webzoners always post "championship yawn " after signings can often be wrong. Role players who can play for close to league minimum are the core of any. Team.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The poster simply stated a fact, no need to get defensive... I for one believe camp bodies, ie udfa's and nfl veterans with back against the wall of career ending dedicate themselves to come to camp physically and emotionally ready. To compete or be done in the NFL. This is why signings like Brunskill, Ben Garland where webzoners always post "championship yawn " after signings can often be wrong. Role players who can play for close to league minimum are the core of any. Team.

Occasionally one of these guys not only makes the team but actually gets some significant playing time. This guy looks like a journeyman camp guy but a change of scenery can sometimes light a fire under a player. I'm not holding my breath but Kyle has seen this guy before and if he thinks he's worth a shot then so be it.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Occasionally one of these guys not only makes the team but actually gets some significant playing time. This guy looks like a journeyman camp guy but a change of scenery can sometimes light a fire under a player. I'm not holding my breath but Kyle has seen this guy before and if he thinks he's worth a shot then so be it.

Kyle definitely loves players he's worked with before and that's probably extra important on the offensive side of the ball. These are experience in the system over actual talent moves and there's nothing wrong with that either...as long as he doesn't start. Haha.

THE OUTCOME

Compton: Six rounds.

Donald: Eight rounds.

Compton performed admirably early in the first half against a far superior player, but wore down during the second half and basically lost the game for the Vikings -- Donald's final sack sealed the deal.

In those 14 rounds against Donald, Compton gave up two sacks and three pressures. Not good. Call the fight a knockout victory for Donald.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-rg-tom-compton-vs-rams-dt-aaron-donald-a-14-round-ko

Not sure this one is even a get-by guy.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 13, 2020 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-rg-tom-compton-vs-rams-dt-aaron-donald-a-14-round-ko

He's not. He sucks plain and simple. Only thing I got is maybe because of concerns over covid, get a guy already familiar with the system
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's not. He sucks plain and simple. Only thing I got is maybe because of concerns over covid, get a guy already familiar with the system

He's definitely familiar with the system so that is very helpful indeed.
i hope the 49ers cut his ass.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
I mean if everything goes the way we want it he's not starting regardless, s**t hopefully Skule, Garland, McKivitz and Coleman are ahead of him as reserves

Just got resigned .
Anybody else worried that we signed this guy? Hope we still have a few tricks up Our Sleeve for the o l
  • Mr711
Camp fodder is all I'm sure
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Camp fodder is all I'm sure

This... the FO is being smart and going into the draft with few holes so they can focus on getting BPA that fills a need, which Oline is a glaring need on the right side. Kendrick Green in the 3rd for RG and possible OC when Mack doesn't provide enough or gets injured.
Why not take a shot at 2? Way more important than CB for us imo.
Share 49ersWebzone