There are 215 users in the forums

Free Agent Decision 2020

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Free Agent Decision 2020

• thl408
Ball parking the 2020 salaries for these three players, I'm thinking AA = $16, Ward = $6, Sanders = $10. So the two choices are somewhat equivalent.

Which would you prefer the 49ers do?
Sign AA to that LT deal, start T.Moore and let Sanders test a robust market of WR's in FA after a crazy deep draft at WR for the second straight year. In short, he'll most likely be back just like Ward last year. Hell, given all the S's being released right now, Ward might be back on the cheap again too!
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2020 at 1:15 PM ]
AA for sure. I'm completely fine rolling with Moore at FS and this draft is flush with WR talent. I also think someone will overspend for Sanders.

FWIW only way I'm moving off AA is in a tag and trade, there's no way he should just be able to test FA.
Keep in mind that they had Moore playing corner for a while so there's a strong argument to be made that he will improve drastically.

I like Sanders but he's aging and there's 10+ players in the draft that could produce as much as him and some players on our team already who we get back in Taylor and Hurd.

Without AA were no longer the best defense IMO.
It would be nice to have all of them back. Emmanuel Sanders is really necessary but too expensive. Arik Armstead is also too expensive, and he could be replaced by having Ford and DJ Jones in there full time.... Realistically I would say only Jimmy Ward. He's the cheapest of the 3. Years ago we were clamoring to sing Ed Reed and that it was hard to find someone like him. Well Ward is closest to that for Saleh's type of defense. The other safety free agents are not. Delpit and McKinney are not single high free safeties. Draft lower.. might as well use Moore.
I am on board with locking up Armstead long term. Perhaps guaranteeing the first 3 years of the deal, we might get him at a slight discount. If he's dead set on getting PAID, then I tag and trade him.
AA = project player finally coming into his own

Sanders = aging receiver

Ward = 1 decently healthy season and when he got hurt hitting Mahomes we all thought "about time"
AA by a country mile.
Armstead.

You can never have enough d-lineman.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
AA. Easy decision.

AA and trade him for 2nd and 4th round pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sign AA to that LT deal, start T.Moore and let Sanders test a robust market of WR's in FA after a crazy deep draft at WR for the second straight year. In short, he'll most likely be back just like Ward last year. Hell, given all the S's being released right now, Ward might be back on the cheap again too!

Spank you my thoughts exactly
We will need Armstead when Ford is gone the year after next. He does make a very big impact as well, I remember a few games where if it wasn't for him we would not of won. Ward I cannot say that as much about although he did have a couple touchdowns saving tackles and Emmanuel Sanders had two or so good games. However, AA was way more consistent.

We will have a harder time replacing Armstead as opposed to Sanders or Ward. Moore can start or a free agent, and we can get a wr like Gabriel in FA or the draft.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm on board with the signing of AA...I like Sanders, but draft gonna be deep of WR talent...Ward is good but not special
Just b/c the draft is full of wr talent doesn't mean we draft the right one. I'm good resigning AA and Sanders. Ward can roll out. I'd rather franchise AA. I need to see this prodution more than one time before earning a long term deal.
Share 49ersWebzone