There are 117 users in the forums

My 2020 49ers offseason "predictions"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'll try to bring back mckinnon on a cheap ass deal, I still wanna see what Kyle envisioned him in his offense

I agree


Add me to the list
So 2 full years missed and you guys are still holding out hope for a full season. I'm sorry no thank you.
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
So 2 full years missed and you guys are still holding out hope for a full season. I'm sorry no thank you.

Same ppl will be 1st to complain about why another back wasn't brought in with mckinnons injury history.
Paraage will signed all the current players, 3 FA, the draft class, the UDFA, and still be under the cap
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
compared to that last several offseasons/draft this year will be a snoozer


Yep. Sucks. Love the draft. Watching those prospects go in second, third, and fourth gonna be painful.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 3, 2020 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
compared to that last several offseasons/draft this year will be a snoozer


Yep. Sucks. Love the draft. Watching those prospects go in second, third, and fourth gonna be painful.

Should have lots of movement on the niners part, I expect them to come away with a 2nd, late 3rd, two 5ths, a 6th and two 7th rd picks, considering how good they have drafted I expect 2 starters out of this class.
Westbrooks isn't on the team...they released him the day after signing him. But, tend to agree with just about all the other guys...a little conflicted on Ward, but he played really well in 2019. Some guys do that in their contract year, then go on to be mediocre and he does have a spotty injury history. Wouldn't mind of they draft a S, just in case. Also on the fence a little w/Sanders...like what he did overall, but he seemed to disappear in a few games. He'll want to get paid...probably his last decent contract. That could be a snag.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,021
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why? He's never going to be the same player he was. He'll just be taking snaps from Breida and Wilson.

Originally posted by thl408:
I hope they make some sort of splash move to bring a feeling of something new to the 2020 team. Returning the same squad, minus some FA losses, while adding a few rookies isn't new enough. Don't know what it could be, but I think they get something done that sends a message to the players that the front office is going for it in 2020.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Might be wrong but I think restructuring Jimmy Gs contract would free up a lot more space

Yes could free up close to $19 million if we want too

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Paraage will signed all the current players, 3 FA, the draft class, the UDFA, and still be under the cap

This. Do. This.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,021
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I believe Goodwin is staying since he recently received praise from shanny.

Coleman will also likely be here too since Kyle loves him.

Kyle has so much love, it's too much sometimes. If he could have errrything his way, Lil Wayne would be on the practice squad
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Westbrooks isn't on the team...they released him the day after signing him. But, tend to agree with just about all the other guys...a little conflicted on Ward, but he played really well in 2019. Some guys do that in their contract year, then go on to be mediocre and he does have a spotty injury history. Wouldn't mind of they draft a S, just in case. Also on the fence a little w/Sanders...like what he did overall, but he seemed to disappear in a few games. He'll want to get paid...probably his last decent contract. That could be a snag.

I don't really think he disappeared. His targets were pretty consistent. In 7 out of his 10 regular season games he got 4-6 targets a game. In the 2 of the other 3 games he got more than that and had monster games. What I like aside from his steady veteran presence among the younger receivers is the guy always seems ready to make a play when it's needed.

He basically was carrying the passing offense in the first Seattle game without Kittle until he went out hurt in the first quarter. Dude was a playmaking monster against New Orleans and Arizona. He made the game sealing catch against the Rams. The team barely threw in the two playoff games because they didn't have too. He almost made the game saving play in the Superbowl. He beat the coverage and if Jimmy hits the throw then we're back on top late in the game.

I don't think he's gonna get paid but so much because he'll be 33 when the season starts. I think the team will work something out. They forked over some decent draft capital. I doubt they let him leave that quickly. I could see a two year deal happening.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM ]

At least 5,789 more hawt taeks over the next 2 weeks about why we should acquire Tom Brady before he ultimately doesn't come here. The next being progressively stupider than the last one.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,221
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I believe Goodwin is staying since he recently received praise from shanny.

Coleman will also likely be here too since Kyle loves him.

Kyle has so much love, it's too much sometimes. If he could have errrything his way, Lil Wayne would be on the practice squad

I think Goodwin replaces Sanders. Shanny recently said that Goodwin is too good to release.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Goodwin replaces Sanders. Shanny recently said that Goodwin is too good to release.

I liked the chemistry between Jimmy G and Goodwin a few years ago but personal problems and injuries have made him invisible. He and the Jet have had zero production, I can't see that changing. Move on, there are enough pieces on the roster to substitute.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Goodwin replaces Sanders. Shanny recently said that Goodwin is too good to release.

He also said "I haven't seen him for a while. Marquise is a guy who can play in this league. If he's on this team, he's going to be competing with that group and, if not, I feel pretty confident another team would want him."

And

"You also don't get rid of valuable people just for nothing," Shanahan said. "So we'll have him come back and compete and if that doesn't work out we could always possibly trade him. There are lots of things that are open. But I don't know that exact answer yet."

You have to be very weary about coach talk this time of year. Kyle isn't going to say anything really negative about Goodwin. No reason to damage his trade value for nothing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,221
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Goodwin replaces Sanders. Shanny recently said that Goodwin is too good to release.

He also said "I haven't seen him for a while. Marquise is a guy who can play in this league. If he's on this team, he's going to be competing with that group and, if not, I feel pretty confident another team would want him."

And

"You also don't get rid of valuable people just for nothing," Shanahan said. "So we'll have him come back and compete and if that doesn't work out we could always possibly trade him. There are lots of things that are open. But I don't know that exact answer yet."

You have to be very weary about coach talk this time of year. Kyle isn't going to say anything really negative about Goodwin. No reason to damage his trade value for nothing.

Yeah, his job is to prop up all his players - your right you have to be weary of what's said this time of the year with FA and the draft up coming.
Share 49erswebzone