There are 230 users in the forums

Jamycal Hasty RB Baylor

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wilson to me is just a meh RB. I love his violent running style and he's turned into a better pass catcher than I thought he would. Hasty fits this offense better IMO. He's very explosive. He can catch passes. He's a quality STer as well (important for backend of the roster). I think he could fill in McKinnon's role if he get's hurt or we move on from him after this season.

I think we could put Wilson back on the PS and no team is gonna throw them on their active roster.
That's quite an assessment. Not disagreeing, but McKinnon was a 3rd round pick talent, and Hasty was an undrafted. Wow, if true, they got another diamond in the rough for cheap.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I understand both sides...Wilson hasn't had many opportunities, but he's made the most of 'em. He's a proven vet. The flip side is Hasty, stout, shifty and is like Juszczyk in terms of being a jack-of-all-trades, the difference is Hasty can do them faster and with young legs. If he continues to turn heads like he's done so far, it won't surprise me a bit to see him on the roster.

I've always liked your perspective. Great insight. I'll buy what you are sellin'.
I appreciate the feedback...longtime Niner fan, I first heard 'em on KFBK AM radio in Sacramento. Believe it was Y.A. Tittle's last or near last season as their QB. He had Hugh McElhenny, Joe Perry, Leo Nomelini, Bob St. Clair and a host of other strong players. I'm very excited about our team now...they let one get away and that's huge motivation to finish the job this season. Love the continuous efforts to stockpile as many good players as possible. The virus and very weird off-season haven't made it easy, but the Lynch/Shanahan partnership's never been stronger. We shall overcome!
The only play here is to try to get Wilson Junior on the practice squad and Hasty makes the 53. He's shifty and is excellent at catching passes as well. That's more valuable in the long term and I doubt teams will put Jeff Wilson Junior on their 53 if we release him.

Wait I take that back, Seattle's going to get him but it's worth the risk..
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wilson to me is just a meh RB. I love his violent running style and he's turned into a better pass catcher than I thought he would. Hasty fits this offense better IMO. He's very explosive. He can catch passes. He's a quality STer as well (important for backend of the roster). I think he could fill in McKinnon's role if he get's hurt or we move on from him after this season.

I think we could put Wilson back on the PS and no team is gonna throw them on their active roster.
That's quite an assessment. Not disagreeing, but McKinnon was a 3rd round pick talent, and Hasty was an undrafted. Wow, if true, they got another diamond in the rough for cheap.

I actually currently have Hasty making the 53 over Wilson and Wilson going back to the ps.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 26, 2020 at 4:43 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know have Hasty making the final 53, with Mostert, Coleman, and McKinnon.

I dont know man, Wilson is is having a great camp too. No way it happens but if I had my way drop coleman and keep Mostert, mckinnon, wilson and hasty. No way Shanahan lets Coleman go though :/

if Kyle let's Wilson go, it probably is because of his lack of a home run speed. This offense thrives on speed.

.... aside from that, Kyle wants a Freeman type of player..

but I really think that Hasty can play, I saw enough of him last season w/Baylor and it made me wonder why he didn't get drafted..
Anyone else notice Shanny likes his RBs in molds?

Freeman-Mckinnon-Hasty-Breida
Coleman-Wilson-Williams
Mostert-Ahmed

The common factor with almost all of them is that they run/ran a 4.4 or less and can catch.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I actually currently have Hasty making the 53 over Wilson and Wilson going back to the ps.

Originally posted by 9moon:
.... aside from that, Kyle wants a Freeman type of player..

but I really think that Hasty can play, I saw enough of him last season w/Baylor and it made me wonder why he didn't get drafted..
AGree with both.
I was reviewing Freeman's rookie scouting report, and the Freeman scouting report is eerily similar to Hasty. Wow!
Seems like my guy Hasty has done everything right to show he's worthy of a roster spot, just a numbers game now, I like Wilson a lot too but I truly think Hasty will be special if given the opportunity.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like Wilson, I rather keep him over Coleman... but if Wilson is to be kept only as a GL back, then I suggest Mostert to raise his hand and demand that he'll take over that assignment so that he can be a complete back.

The Feisty Hasty can be the best SMALL BACK comparable to Sproles, Freeman or even Ekeler..

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er
Seems like my guy Hasty has done everything right to show he's worthy of a roster spot, just a numbers game now, I like Wilson a lot too but I truly think Hasty will be special if given the opportunity.

I like Wilson, I rather keep him over Coleman... but if Wilson is to be kept only as a GL back, then I suggest Mostert to raise his hand and demand that he'll take over that assignment so that he can be a complete back.

The Feisty Hasty can be the best SMALL BACK comparable to Sproles, Freeman or even Ekeler..

Wilson is pretty one dimensional as a goal line back, agree on that. Whearas, from what I can glean from seeing his highlights and online reports, Hasty really is an much more all around back. I think Mostert and Juszczyk can be good goal line RB's - specially with Trent Williams and Lakein on the left side of the line. Then you have the potential of a three tight end offense with Kittle, Jordan and Woerner to play off Mostert and/or Juszczyk as the goal line back. Then the way Hasty can shake and bake, he might also be as good at the goal line as Wilson. We shall see.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er

Wilson is pretty one dimensional as a goal line back, agree on that. Whearas, from what I can glean from seeing his highlights and online reports, Hasty really is an much more all around back. I think Mostert and Juszczyk can be good goal line RB's - specially with Trent Williams and Lakein on the left side of the line. Then you have the potential of a three tight end offense with Kittle, Jordan and Woerner to play off Mostert and/or Juszczyk as the goal line back. Then the way Hasty can shake and bake, he might also be as good at the goal line as Wilson. We shall see.

DANG... and this is why I like watching preseason, do not agree on all 4 of them, but at least 2 pre season games for the rookies and guys in the bubble... I would have love to see all... (Daniels - Givens - Hyder and Hasty) play for 2 pre season games..
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Is it Juh-Micheal or is it Jammy-Cal?
Originally posted by TyCore:

Hasty to be safe
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by TyCore:

Hasty to be safe