LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Jamycal Hasty RB Baylor

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know have Hasty making the final 53, with Mostert, Coleman, and McKinnon.

I actually like Jeff Wilson over Hasty because he's the hammer near the goal line in Shannys offense, hasty seems to be a younger McKinnon with his speed and hands which can be groomed a year on the PS (Coleman & Mckinnon final year).

Fantasy owners hated Shanny last year because for a stretch any time we marched down inside the 5 yard line, the starter would come out and Wilson would get the TD.

I dont know man, Wilson is is having a great camp too. No way it happens but if I had my way drop coleman and keep Mostert, mckinnon, wilson and hasty. No way Shanahan lets Coleman go though :/
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say we send Coleman to the Chargers for a 2021 4th rounder.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:

Ok, now all we have to do is wait for them to accept that trade!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Ok, now all we have to do is wait for them to accept that trade!!

Ekeler, Jackson, and Josh Kelley, they aren't trading for Coleman.

Can Hasty play WR? Lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's a little midget at 5'8".

Since when do teams prefer tall RBs?

Ya Mayo take it back

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I hope you are right!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:

I dont know man, Wilson is is having a great camp too. No way it happens but if I had my way drop coleman and keep Mostert, mckinnon, wilson and hasty. No way Shanahan lets Coleman go though :/

if Kyle let's Wilson go, it probably is because of his lack of a home run speed. This offense thrives on speed.
I understand both sides...Wilson hasn't had many opportunities, but he's made the most of 'em. He's a proven vet. The flip side is Hasty, stout, shifty and is like Juszczyk in terms of being a jack-of-all-trades, the difference is Hasty can do them faster and with young legs. If he continues to turn heads like he's done so far, it won't surprise me a bit to see him on the roster.
Wilson to me is just a meh RB. I love his violent running style and he's turned into a better pass catcher than I thought he would. Hasty fits this offense better IMO. He's very explosive. He can catch passes. He's a quality STer as well (important for backend of the roster). I think he could fill in McKinnon's role if he get's hurt or we move on from him after this season.

I think we could put Wilson back on the PS and no team is gonna throw them on their active roster.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wilson to me is just a meh RB. I love his violent running style and he's turned into a better pass catcher than I thought he would. Hasty fits this offense better IMO. He's very explosive. He can catch passes. He's a quality STer as well (important for backend of the roster). I think he could fill in McKinnon's role if he get's hurt or we move on from him after this season.

I think we could put Wilson back on the PS and no team is gonna throw them on their active roster.

Nice! Do you think he'll make the 53 or both he and Wilson will head the PS to start?
Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:
Give me a tall/big player with the same speed as a little guy any day. Queue music, "short people got..."

3 of the top 4 all time rushing leaders are 5'9" or shorter. Emmitt Smith, Frank Gore and Barry Sanders. At least half of the guys in the top 20 are 5'10" or less. Height isn't an advantage unless you plan on using him as a receiver a lot. Being shorter can actually help a RB because they are harder to see behind the big linemen and shorter legs make it easier to make quick cuts. If a guy is good his height isn't going to make a difference.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 26, 2020 at 7:54 AM ]
Bwahaha, you can tell who has never played football in here. 🤡🤡🤡 Low man wins. It's the oldest adage in football. How do RBs survive running into 300 lbs DL and 240 lbs LB? By being lower than all of them. In fact, most players agree that the shortest RBs are the hardest ones to tackle. I know that stands true from my experiences.

"I wish I was taller" - said no RB ever
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
I always thought Hasty was slow, I'll have to rewatch some of his highlights.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Bwahaha, you can tell who has never played football in here. 🤡🤡🤡 Low man wins. It's the oldest adage in football. How do RBs survive running into 300 lbs DL and 240 lbs LB? By being lower than all of them. In fact, most players agree that the shortest RBs are the hardest ones to tackle. I know that stands true from my experiences.

"I wish I was taller" - said no RB ever

Oh those guys stand out like a sore thumb
Share 49ersWebzone