There are 268 users in the forums

2020 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

Not an actual promotion, just active for this week off of the PS.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

Yeah with James not activated it means Pettis is still working on returns.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

I gotcha. But why even bring him up WITH Deebo, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor and Pettis all active. Curious move if they are just going to inactive him. Only 5 will be active.
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

I gotcha. But why even bring him up WITH Deebo, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor and Pettis all active. Curious move if they are just going to inactive him. Only 5 will be active.

It doesn't mean he dresses though right ? Precautionary in case Taylor or Pettis aren't right game day. I was hoping for James to come back because we've had no return game.
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

I see all 6 active, unless Deebo's not able to go due to the undisclosed illness, whenever you elevate a player from the PS, they're always active, they get paid a prorated portion of their base salary if they were on the 53. It'll come down to if Mostert can go, if so, it's Mostert, Jet and Wilson at RB, and the 6 WRs.

Likely inactives IMO are

Mullens
Hasty (Unless Mostert can't go)
Helm
Compton
Moseley (Concussion)
Johnson (Groin I think)

So they can have 6 WRs active tomorrow.

Ideally, when Blair and Taylor return off PUP, they'll have 8 or 9 DL active each week, while having a WR inactive.

My ideal 2020 roster for the remainder of the season, barring injuries.

QB(3): Garoppolo/Beathard/Mullens
RB(5): Mostert/Coleman/McKinnon/Wilson/Hasty
FB(1): Juice
WR(6): Deebo/Aiyuk/Bourne/Taylor/James/Pettis or White (I'd personally get rid of Taylor, he's done nothing, no faith in him as a PR, just isn't the same player he was in 2017 and 2018)
TE(4): Kittle/Reed/Dwelley/Woerner
OL(8): Richburg/Tomlinson/Brunskill/Williams/McGlinchey/Garland/McKivitz/Skule
DL(9): AA/Ford/Hyder/Blair/Jones/Kinlaw/Givens/Street/Taylor
LB(5): Warner/Kwon/Greenlaw/Al-Shaair/Nzeocha
CB(5): Sherman/Moseley/Williams/Verrett/Witherspoon
S(4): Ward/Tartt/Moore/Harris
ST(3): Gould/Wish/Pepper

IR:

WR Austin
WR Hurd
WR Thompson
DE Bosa
DE Ansah
DT Thomas

PS:

RB Walter
FB Hokit
WR White
WR Jennings
WR Cracraft
TE Harrell or Helm
C Grasu
OG Shepley
OT Conway
DE Barrett
LB Walker
LB Flannigan-Fowles
CB Harris
CB Allen or Webster
FS Mayden
SS Cyprien

Some notes, I'd cut Compton, I doubt he'd get picked up, so he'd be available later on, same for Jordan.

I'd waive Ken Webster, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Daniel Helm, Hroniss Grasu, Dion Jordan, and sign them back to the PS, well at least DFF, Grasu, and Jordan. I'd keep Harrell over Helm, and Undecided between Brian Allen or Ken Webster.

Also, don't expect Coleman to be cut, his entire $4.55M base salary is GTD, so they'd only save the remainder of his per game roster bonus, they could trade him, but he would need to be activated off of IR, that would require cutting a vested veteran that they can bring back, the only ones who would make sense, depending on timing/injuries, are, C Grasu, OG Compton, DE Jordan, CB Taylor, CB Johnson as they all make the league minimum, and none of their deals, except Compton's are GTD, Reed is a vested vet, but he's on IR.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 10, 2020 at 5:12 PM ]
I see all 6 active, unless Deebo's not able to go due to the undisclosed illness, whenever you elevate a player from the PS, they're always active, they get paid a prorated portion of their base salary if they were on the 53. It'll come down to if Mostert can go, if so, it's Mostert, Jet and Wilson at RB, and the 6 WRs.

Likely inactives IMO are

Mullens
Helm
Compton
Moseley (Concussion)
Johnson (Groin I think)

Ideally, when Blair and Taylor return off PUP, they'll have 8 or 9 DL active each week, while having a WR inactive.

WR(6): Deebo/Aiyuk/Bourne/Taylor/James/Pettis or White (I'd personally get rid of Taylor, he's done nothing, no faith in him as a PR, just isn't the same player he was in 2017 and 2018)

Some notes, I'd cut Compton, I doubt he'd get picked up, so he'd be available later on, same for Jordan.

I'd waive Ken Webster, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Daniel Helm, Hroniss Grasu, Dion Jordan, and sign them back to the PS, well at least DFF, Grasu, and Jordan. I'd keep Harrell over Helm, and Undecided between Brian Allen or Ken Webster.

Oh I see. You'd have all 6 active. Got it. Let's keep an eye out for that. Maybe ho 3 and 4 WR sets more this game too?

Good financial moves you noted.

Likely inactives IMO are

Mullens
Helm
Compton
Moseley (Concussion)
Johnson (Groin I think)

Oh I see. You'd have all 6 active. Got it. Let's keep an eye out for that. Maybe ho 3 and 4 WR sets more this game too?

Good financial moves you noted.

Updated the post.
Nice!

Maybe Pettis is done?

Some day ya'll learn to listen to me. Haha.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Everything!

Players that can stay healthy
Originally posted by E-49er:
Players that can stay healthy
needs you mean?
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Thanks for the time you put into this!

Top needs: IOL, Edge, S, WR (Speed over Size)
In my opinion the IOL needs to get upgraded, got absolutely destroyed in the SB. A quick Edge rusher to fill in for Ford cause he will be limited or hurt throughout the year. Safety because I feel Ward is gonna look to get paid and but we dont trust him to stay healthy enough on a longterm deal and we end up not giving him what he likes and give us a speedy Wr that can run more than 2 routes. I understand people are saying corner but its not one our biggest needs to use a top pick or high priced FA for.

First post after I updated this for this year!

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:38 AM

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 20, 2020 at 3:36 PM ]
Someone at OTC needs to do a contract analysis per games played or snaps if you really want to get micro for the league.

Thinking of the Ansah signing. How little ROI we've received for so many players over the past 5 years but would love to see where the 49ers rank on that list. Maybe we're right in the middle of the pack?
LOL. Oh David, again.

Share 49ersWebzone