LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Why did you become a fan in the first place

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I live in PA where there are not many 49er fans...Last night game was crushing to my kids ( 9& 11) but they woke up today and insisted on wearing their Niner gear to school!
When I asked why, their response "we don't want the other kids in class to think we aren't fans anymore".

Proud of my kids and the young men on the team
I am originally from Washington state but my grandpa was a 49ers fan. I have a photo of me not even a week old on a 49ers gold jacket with all of the super bowl pins on it. I have been a fan ever since. I may not be from San Fran but I am a niners fan for life.
Steve Young. Also they're the local team. Bay area native for 20 years now
Was born in 89 and became a fan because my older cousin was a huge fan. All my memories are basically all the dark years and 2 super bowl losses. I want to experience a super bowl victory so bad!
Watching us smoke denver 55-10
I was 7 when my dad wanted me to watch them crush the Dolphins in the SB on tv. I was hooked.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 3, 2020 at 8:32 AM ]
I lived in VA and was born in 84. I remember going to a school bookfair in kindergarten and I saw a poster of Steve Young. I was enamored with the colors and outfits at the time, so I bought the poster and took it home.

There I started questioning my dad about who Steve Young was and about the 49ers in general. Been hooked eversince.
  • Jiks
At age 6 i was watching the 1990 NFCC game with my pa and loved the 49ers colors. After the game I remember my dad saying it's all over and I was so sad and confused by what he meant it "being over". Since then it just grew on me.
Originally posted by fip24:
I live in PA where there are not many 49er fans...Last night game was crushing to my kids ( 9& 11) but they woke up today and insisted on wearing their Niner gear to school!
When I asked why, their response "we don't want the other kids in class to think we aren't fans anymore".

Proud of my kids and the young men on the team

Also live in PA. Fan since 1980. And you have great kids.
49ers were always on TV in hawaii and they were good? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was born in '81, in central California
I greww up watching the dynasty years. Been a fan my whole life.
also the jerry rice post route on tecmo bowl
Brodie had me at hello
Originally posted by Stanley:
also the jerry rice post route on tecmo bowl

Lol love this!

Third generation Niner fan who began watching in the late 70's with my dad as soon as I was able to understand enough to know that touchdowns were good and referees were bad.
because it was the thing to do at 11 years old in 1981 when I lived in the Bay.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Feb 3, 2020 at 12:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone