LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

What Players Will Not Be on the Roster Next Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Jet has a $4,550,000 cap savings but a $4,000,000 dead money hit. Coleman saves $4,900,000 if cut with no cap hit.

I would rather have Coleman. He is a better compliment to Mostert than Jet. More power.

complement
  • dj43
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Jet has a $4,550,000 cap savings but a $4,000,000 dead money hit. Coleman saves $4,900,000 if cut with no cap hit.

I would rather have Coleman. He is a better compliment to Mostert than Jet. More power.

complement

My compliments to the English teacher.

I did proof it and correct it.
My compliments to the English teacher.

I did proof it and correct it.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
https://www.49ers.com/video/49ers-versus-rock-paper-scissors-solomon-thomas-dante-pettis-locker-room
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
https://www.49ers.com/video/49ers-versus-rock-paper-scissors-solomon-thomas-dante-pettis-locker-room

Nice guys but their football is not up to scratch
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

focusing on some b******t instead of being the first ones on the practice field
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Armstead better be a top priority re-sign. If you have to let Sanders and Ward walk to re-sign him I would still do it. Don't get me wrong their good players. But Sanders will be 33 and Ward's durability playing 17 games this year was probably an outlier.

Armstead is entering the prime of his career. I'm not letting another team reap the reward after our patience and coaching into him finally paid off.

Our deepest position is DLine. You dont sacrifice other multiple positions to keep it deep.

The Michael Bennett position in the Seattle Scheme is arguably the most important. You need someone versatile enough to be able to set the edge and eat up blocks on 1st down, to keep OLinemen off of our LBs and our box safety, but also able to rush the passer from outside on 1st and 2nd, and from the inside on 3rd. Just like Bennett, even though he might not have been a super star that you can plug into any scheme, he was the perfect fit for that scheme. I can only think of a handful of players in the NFL that I would rather have playing that position in our scheme, and most of them would cost just as much or way more than AA would.

Is this what players that don't live up to the hype do? Winner plays Witherspoon
[ Edited by NewEraNiner16 on Feb 13, 2020 at 7:42 PM ]
Ward, Verrett, sanders
Originally posted by thl408:
What if there was a choice between Ward OR ESanders? Who you re-signing?

Gotta be Ward. Shanahan can scheme guys open. There are plenty of guys that can do what Sanders can do at this point in his career. How many safeties can play center field and play in the box and play nickel which allowed us to blitz K'Won more often and be pretty successful at it. Watch the 1st ram game where they didn't convert a 3rd down. He was asked to cover Cupp and Everett on 3rd downs and neither could get open against him. Not to mention, he did a great job of eliminating deep passes over the middle this year.

The problem is his injuries. He reminds me of Bob Sanders. When he was healthy, the colts defense was a championship caliber one. When he wasn't, they weren't. In a ideal world, we can extend AA and franchise him, or sign him with game day bonuses, where he gets paid more for every game he starts.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Sanders? You don't give up a 3rd for a half season rental. He will be a 49er next season.

If Taylor and Hurd were healthy this season, I doubt we would have traded for him. The fact that Shanahan went into the SB with 4 WRs suited up and the fact that his offense was humming while only targeting 3 per game for most of the season tells you all you need to know about the value of WRs in his offense. Having a Julio type is something he is missing, but Sanders is not that. If both side can agree on compensation he will be back, but if not, they can let him walk, despite what they gave up for him. Not to mention, they will get a 3rd or a 4th back if someone else is willing to pay him more than we are, so we don't have to overpay to make the deal worth it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by TheBhagwan:
the possible cut candidates is crazy!

NFC cut candidates: David Johnson, Everson Griffen to market?

4) Tevin Coleman, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Coleman started the Super Bowl and should be safe, but the 49ers need to create some cap room and don't have many other great options to do so. Kyle Shanahan has proven to be an expert at creating rushing yards from odd places, so it's possible they could try to go cheap with Raheem Mostert, Matt Breida and a rookie to be named later.

6-8) RB Dion Lewis, TE Delanie Walker and OLB Cameron Wake, Tennessee Titans: Walker is a franchise legend who proved to be one of the best free-agent pickups of the last decade, but he's been unable to stay healthy. Lewis doesn't have the burst he used to back in New England, while Wake struggled to get playing time last season even before being placed on injured reserve in late November.

3) Russell Okung, T, Los Angeles Chargers: A smarter man than I told me to take Okung off this list because left tackles are so hard to find. But a move seems possible, if only because Okung has the Chargers' highest cap figure ($17 million) and played under 300 snaps last season.

Delanie back would be amazing!

I agree. Imagine what Shanahan could do with 2 TEs and a FB who were all receiving threats, and two WRs who can run the ball!

That is the position I hope we can upgrade the most this offseason. I also hope we can bring Toilolo back.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NewEraNiner16:

Is this what players that don't live up to the hype do? Winner plays Witherspoon

[b]
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Sanders? You don't give up a 3rd for a half season rental. He will be a 49er next season.

If Taylor and Hurd were healthy this season, I doubt we would have traded for him. The fact that Shanahan went into the SB with 4 WRs suited up and the fact that his offense was humming while only targeting 3 per game for most of the season tells you all you need to know about the value of WRs in his offense. Having a Julio type is something he is missing, but Sanders is not that. If both side can agree on compensation he will be back, but if not, they can let him walk, despite what they gave up for him. Not to mention, they will get a 3rd or a 4th back if someone else is willing to pay him more than we are, so we don't have to overpay to make the deal worth it.

I believe with comp picks, it depends on number of players signed and number of players lost.
[ Edited by Lott94 on Feb 13, 2020 at 11:05 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by thl408:
What if there was a choice between Ward OR ESanders? Who you re-signing?

Gotta be Ward. Shanahan can scheme guys open. There are plenty of guys that can do what Sanders can do at this point in his career. How many safeties can play center field and play in the box and play nickel which allowed us to blitz K'Won more often and be pretty successful at it. Watch the 1st ram game where they didn't convert a 3rd down. He was asked to cover Cupp and Everett on 3rd downs and neither could get open against him. Not to mention, he did a great job of eliminating deep passes over the middle this year.

The problem is his injuries. He reminds me of Bob Sanders. When he was healthy, the colts defense was a championship caliber one. When he wasn't, they weren't. In a ideal world, we can extend AA and franchise him, or sign him with game day bonuses, where he gets paid more for every game he starts.

I have to agree. WR are plug and play in this scheme.
Share 49ersWebzone