There are 172 users in the forums

What is your biggest concern for the super bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is your biggest concern for the super bowl?

I suppose my biggest concerns is Patrick Mahomes making unbelievable plays. The 49ers are the better team - we know that - but I worry that it won't be enough if Mahomes gives one of those epic performances where everything he does is perfect.

Just got to have faith in the defence and believe that our running game and the play action pass will be too much for Kansas. Hopefully the Kansas defence will tire before we do.
  • Kyzen
Injuries.
This. We even get good consistent pressure on Mahommes with 4 and it's in the bag. They have no running game. My guess is that we still play team ball( running the ball) and push them out to South beach. No reason to change up now, HOWEVER, like a brilliant general you just know that Shanny will have a brilliant passing attack ready to roll. Code phrase, relayed to the helmet: "Fluck this, Jimmy it's yours
Mahomes...

He reminds me a lot of what Wilson used to do to us in the Harbaugh years in terms of making plays where he should be sacked only to evade the rushers and make a ridiculous play down the field for a huge gain.

And with the group of receivers they have it makes it that much harder.

Good news despite what the KC fans think their defense isn't anywhere close to ours and even though Jimmy may not be Mahomes our offense overall and with Kyle's scheme can certainly move the ball and put up points.

We don't need to hold Mahomes to his career worst game(although I'm certainly good with us doing that if that was the case) but we need to make enough plays on D to stop them from scoring each drive and making sure our offense at least matches each of their scoring drives and when our D buys us an extra possession or two...we take advantage.

1 point win or 30 point win. End of the day a win gets us the Lombardi.

Let's get #6!
Uhh

TYREEK

FRIGGIN

HILL?!!!

The fastest WR in the league? Where is that option? Merhomes wouldn't be Merhomes without him.
The lights.
Mahomes being Mahomes and making unbelievable plays is the easy choice for me. He is just like Wilson. You can get pressure on him, play perfect defense and he still finds away to escape and make a play.
Biggest concern is pass rush,

If we got that, and can get to Mahomes without allowing him to extend plays i think everything else falls into place.

i'm pretty confident with our offense. Cmon now, we got Shanahan as our offensive coordinator.
Originally posted by WINiner:
IMO this game hinges on pressure. If the front 4 get home and often we win, if they are stonewalled or less than dominant we lose.

I agree with this take. If Jimmy is heavily pressured we could still get it done with D and run game, however if our d-line gets to Pat early and often, I don't see a path to victory for KC.
When Andy Reid called a wheel route versus Armstead for like an 80 yard house call this year in preseason😬 he showed that he knows how to attack our Defense.
[ Edited by Rojas51 on Jan 30, 2020 at 7:31 AM ]

Turnovers, especially at the the niners field.
Containing Mahomes to a very long 3rd down, and having him either make a miraculous play, or get a defensive penalty awarding a first down
Mahomes….First, last and always. If they win it is because he balls out and he most definitely can do it. His arm may be the best in the game and there isn't a lot to hate about the rest of his play either. He is everything to what they do and the reason they will be a contender for the next decade barring injury. We are a better all around team...but that guy has a shot be the best of his generation.
I would say turnovers, but not specifically blaming them on Jimmy G. That would make me like most of the idiotic media who hate on him all the time.
Mahomes followed by the refs.

Props to Mahomes. I won't be able to relax all game with just about any lead.

I believe in our D, but the rules are so slanted in favor of everything KC does on offense that I feel like, even if our pass rush is getting home, I'll be holding my breath looking for flags after every stop. We're the more physical team, so I think the refs are more likely to impact what we do.
Share 49ersWebzone