LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Your Favourite Niners Super Bowl Team? (or, Rank 1-8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Favourite Niners Super Bowl Team? (or, Rank 1-8)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
NFL took down the 1984 full game Super Bowl...gee wonder why? 🤔 trying to suppress the same thing will happen to their poster boy Kermit Mahomes???

49ers are going to TAP that Queef ass just like the Chargers got manhandled in 94
It was interesting, re-watching the 1984 season recap, there was an interview with DeBartolo, and comments by players that made it apparent that the Super Bowl or Bust mentality already existed prior to getting the second trophy. For some reason I had it in my mind that didn't become the mindset until after the 2nd or 3rd Lombardi. That's one hell of a bar that was set early on in the dynasty.
Eddie's quote featured in the 1984 America's game was gold

"The MAIN THING IS... I don't. Like. To lose"
2019....in about 24 hours
This one ascends high up the list if they win. Guys it's been a long, long time. Yes we were in one other Super Bowl but lost. It's been 25 years. 25 years! It's time now. We are 49ers fans. It's our birthright. We own this. The trophy belongs to us.

1994 lost to the Eagles 40-9. 1984 was easily the most consistent with the best defense EVER. All 4 in the secondary made the Pro Bowl. 18-1 and steamrollered the opposition in the playoffs. 1989 was a close second.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the first one is the best one. it set the stage for all that came afterwards. plus i was close in age to all those guys. we were just f**king kids that did not know any better,. lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
1994 lost to the Eagles 40-9. 1984 was easily the most consistent with the best defense EVER. All 4 in the secondary made the Pro Bowl. 18-1 and steamrollered the opposition in the playoffs. 1989 was a close second.

There has been only one team that I know of that's gone 18-1 other than the 49ers since the 49ers did it in 1984. That team lost the super bowl. Aside from those two teams -- has anybody else gone 18-1 since? I'm just curious if anybody knows off the top of their head if any other team has gone 18-1.
Originally posted by Giedi:
There has been only one team that I know of that's gone 18-1 other than the 49ers since the 49ers did it in 1984. That team lost the super bowl. Aside from those two teams -- has anybody else gone 18-1 since? I'm just curious if anybody knows off the top of their head if any other team has gone 18-1.

'85 bears lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Giedi:

'85 bears lol

Thank you, I've forgotten that one. So 36 years ago the 49ers go 18-1 and only 2 other teams have done that since then? Wow!

Absolutely loved the '94 team but I can't place Steve's masterpiece over Joe's masterpiece. 1989 hands down!
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:
Absolutely loved the '94 team but I can't place Steve's masterpiece over Joe's masterpiece. 1989 hands down!

Greatest and most complete squad ever was 84, and this '19 squad reminds me of that team
1994. Until tonight.
1988 was my favorite season. It weakest of the SB winning teams but the first I got to experience in full. With the postseason hopes looking over after 11 games, and the way it turned around, getting revenge over minnesota and then winning the SB in that fashion.

1989 had my 2 favorite regular season games though, the wins in Philly and Anaheim.
Updated for 2023.
Share 49ersWebzone