LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Was going through the Tomsula/Kelly years the best for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
LOL,I know I'm gonna get stoned for this but think about it. Let's go back to 2014. Is Jim Harbaugh a better coach than Kyle Shanahan? Is Colin Kaepernick a better QB than Jimmy G? Is the old 3-4 defense we ran better than the 4-3 we got talent and all? Is Baalke better than Lynch. I know we suffered through horrible regimes. Tomsula/Kelly/Baalke was horrible. But it led to us having a young genius as coach. Good draft picks. The return of the West Coast offense. The return of the 4-3. We got as far as we were gonna with Harbaugh/Kap. It sucked what we went through, but it looks like it was worth it.
Landing Shanahan was a great result, just like landing Walsh after the abysmal 1977-78 seasons was a great result, but would have been nice to not go through those two two-season nosedives in the first place.
I like Shanahan and Jimmy more than Kap and Harbaugh.

But i miss that Fangio 3-4 Defense only cause of Bow and Willis.
Feels great baby
Consistently maintaining a premium franchise is the best for us a la 1979-1996. (Seifert should have never been fired after a 12-4 season). I love having Lynchahann and don't consider the Niner dark ages a good thing.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Yes, and that's why I don't understand a couple of QB draft picks. Just forfeit a couple of seasons and get a good coach and a decent QB. Like the dolphins do. Wasting those years and not making long term decisions was a thing.
Atleast had didnt go full ret*rd and kept chip Kelly and baalke after that terrible season. So kudos on jed for firing them.
Nope
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I like Shanahan and Jimmy more than Kap and Harbaugh.

But i miss that Fangio 3-4 Defense only cause of Bow and Willis.

I think our fully healthy Dline will ultimately push this team D above Fangio's. Needless to say, ths run feels great baby!
I'll get back to you on this if we win the SB this year

It's more so the Yorks than any coach. After all they hired them. But the one advantage of having the Yorks is you tend to suck so bad for such long stretches you get lots of top 5 - 10 picks. Even some top 3 picks. Eventually you stack your roster with enough of them and you can't do anything else but get a lot better. So there is some genius in the "York way" I suppose......
The end result was definitely good, but nobody enjoyed the dark ages
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
No Jed's nuts dropping was
Bang bang niner gang is better than who got it better than us
It took 15 years of the York's playing micro manager for them to realize their role...

They should feel extremely blessed, as most companies aren't given that many years to solve their incompetence.

Fortunately, they figured it out in 2018.
Share 49ersWebzone