Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wailers15:
man that's a brutal traveling schedule

it always will be being a west coast team
Primetime game candidates:

@Patriots
vs Packers
@ Saints
@ Dallas (though I think there's some Jerruh Jones devil's agreement where Niners-Cowboys can never be played in primetime...will prob be a FOX America's GOTW instead)

one each of the Seahawks and Rams games

Prob one of the New York games (for ratings) on MNF or TNF...same goes for Philly if they're good

one of the Arizona games for TNF (as always it seems)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM ]
Ideally they get 2 of the 3 NY/NE games in consecutive weeks, or the DAL/NO games in consecutive weeks (or both) so they can stay local in between them like the did twice this year.
Originally posted by captveg:
Ideally they get 2 of the 3 NY/NE games in consecutive weeks, or the DAL/NO games in consecutive weeks (or both) so they can stay local in between them like the did twice this year.

Youngstown, OH (York's ville)

Tampa Bay Area (Eddie D land)
Anyone know if SF is eligible for a London game next year? I sure hope not.
Originally posted by captveg:
Anyone know if SF is eligible for a London game next year? I sure hope not.

The Jags, Raiders and Rams have had that on lock for a while now (mainly for the latter two while their stadiums have been under construction)

No west coast team should be induced into those games EVER (unless they get an extra BYE week or a TNF game + mini BYE the week before)
East coast games:

New England Patriots
New York Giants
New York Jets

Vs east coast teams coming to Levi's:

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

I'll take it. Playing vs the East teams sucks with travel, but it doesn't look as bad as it could. Best case I guess would be a three game road trip at NY, NY, and New England? Two weeks stay in Ohio.

I'm also glad that the Giants game is away. Their fans are the most obnoxious in the league and I don't care to sit by one at the game anytime in the near future
We're playing the Saints and Packers again? I thought the NFL was on some kind of cycle. Our schedule this year ended up being brutally tough, we pretty much played every top team except the Patiots, and next year doesn't look too much better.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Home:
Buffalo Bills
Green Bay Packers
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Road:
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets

Back to New Orleans next year. But if NE is dead, that road schedule is looking pretty decent.

Jimmy Garoppolo going back to NE, possibly Frank Gore coming back to SF?

This is awesome (for me in NJ) as I get to see 2 games. Will help to make the giants and jets game a Niners home game.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
We're playing the Saints and Packers again? I thought the NFL was on some kind of cycle. Our schedule this year ended up being brutally tough, we pretty much played every top team except the Patiots, and next year doesn't look too much better.

A team plays its own division. (3 home and 3 road), two entire divisions from its conference (2 at home and two on the road) as well as a team that finished its division on the same place from two of the same conference.

So, SF plays:

NFC West
Seattle
Arizona
Los Angeles

The AFC East
New England (road)
Jets (road)
Miami (home)
Bills (home)

The NFC East
Dallas (road)
Giants (road)
Eagles (home)
Redskins (home)

The same place from NFC North
Packers (home)

The same place from NFC South
Saints (road)

The year afterwards, we play the utter AFC South, the utter NFC North (the Packers again), at home against the same placed NFC South (perhaps the saints again??) and on the road the same placed NFC East team. So, thats the cycle.
[ Edited by Mayor on Dec 30, 2019 at 11:32 AM ]

Originally posted by SkyZer0:
what's the exact reasoning behind having to play at New Orleans so much?

EVERYONE who has responded to this post explaining how the schedule is made with team records is COMPLETELY missing the point of your question. Sorry for that.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners_D:
East coast games:

New England Patriots
New York Giants
New York Jets

Vs east coast teams coming to Levi's:

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

I'll take it. Playing vs the East teams sucks with travel, but it doesn't look as bad as it could. Best case I guess would be a three game road trip at NY, NY, and New England? Two weeks stay in Ohio.

I'm also glad that the Giants game is away. Their fans are the most obnoxious in the league and I don't care to sit by one at the game anytime in the near future

Giants fans might be obnoxious in SF, but to be honest they are a great fanbase in NY. Went to the Niners game vs Giants a few years ago. Donned by Niner gear they were generous to me.

Philly fans, on the other hand, are just as bad as Raider fans.
[ Edited by DrEll on Dec 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
what's the exact reasoning behind having to play at New Orleans so much?

EVERYONE who has responded to this post explaining how the schedule is made with team records is COMPLETELY missing the point of your question. Sorry for that.

I thought the formula was explained very well in terms of the same place in division home/same place in division road games. Just one of those weird probability things. I totally get it now and you can reasonably predict the schedule for the most part a couple of seasons down the road.
Surprised they didn't make the Saints a home game and the Packers an away game. Odd to do the same thing as this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Seriously we go to NO 3x more than they come here.

What the hell? Seriously. Don't we ever get them at home? They get a home game vs the 49ers every year. This is ridiculous.

When is the last time they played us at home!?
Share 49ersWebzone