LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

49ers Opponents 2020

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Im convinced everyone's default reaction is "our schedule is brutal" Only time will tell how difficult it will be will be, but as of now it's looks to be a very easy schedule compared to last year, the NFC East & AFC East are both historically weak. Saints & Patriots are possibly on the decline as well, Dolphins may be interesting depending on what they do with their draft picks, 5 games out of the pacific time zone, but at least 1 or 2 of them will get flexed to primetime. Just have to take care of business in the West and the Niners will be back in contention, baring any significant injuries of course

What's funny was we already had a very high SOS coming into last year and then set a record against 3 straight .800+ winning % teams that late in the season. Brutal.

But your overall point is sound. Often times teams that should be good, suck suddenly, and vice versa. So you don't know until the end.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 9, 2020 at 6:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Mayor:
At home

Arizona
Los Angeles
Seattle
Bills
Miami
Washington
Philadelphia
Green Bay

On the road
Arizona
Los Angeles
Seattle
New England
Jets
Giants
Dallas
New Orleans

Schedule should be released on April 22.

Which one do you attend? I might be in Dallas for sure.

Should be 7-1 (6-2 at worst) at home
6-2 or 5-3 away
so we should win between 11 and 13 games
right now i say we finish 12-4 and win our division
we'll be #2 seed and go to the NFC championship game maybe SB
let's wait for the draft and FA and see from there
Originally posted by 49Fever:
6-2 or 5-3 away

We were 6-2 home, 7-1 road last year. 2020 schedule looks easier, on paper at least. 13-3 or 12-4 is very attainable.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
6-2 or 5-3 away

We were 6-2 home, 7-1 road last year. 2020 schedule looks easier, on paper at least. 13-3 or 12-4 is very attainable.

I concur. Hopefully the Saints don't do as well as last year because I could see them wanting Brees to win one more especially if we travel to New Orleans in the playoffs. We have to get that first round bye and home-field advantage again or else we can easily get screwed by the refs yet again
I just looked at the draft picks for all the teams in our division and the Packers, Saints and Bills. None of them has a lot of high draft picks that are going to improve their team right away. The problem is, they all have more in the first 4 rounds than we do.

The scary team on our schedule and the one that could really get a haul is Miami. They have 14 picks including 9 in the first 5 rounds.
3 firsts
2 seconds
1 third
3 fifths

That really gives them a lot of flexibility to grab players or move up and down. They are also going to have the most cap space. Projected to be about 90 million. If these guys go it right they could replace NE as the dominant force in the AFC east.

Can you imagine what we could do if we had the team we have now and all those draft picks and $90 million in cap space. We could domonat for the next decade. Fill our need for WR, CB, another pass rusher, a tackle and guard and still have room. We could put ourselves in place to be able to draft the top QB in 2021 if Jimmy doesn't make the strides we want. Oh well it's fun to dream.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Feb 9, 2020 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I just looked at the draft picks for all the teams in our division and the Packers, Saints and Bills. None of them has a lot of high draft picks that are going to improve their team right away. The problem is, they all have more in the first 4 rounds than we do.

Yeah we need to trade down for more picks. Although, we have less holes to fill than virtually every other team
Dallas and Nola for sure
I see a lot of potential Primetime games.

Philly
GB
Dallas
NE
Seattle
No
Rams
Bills

9 teams had 5 Primetime games last year. I think you can bank on us having 5 this year.

1 Mon night
1 thurs night
3 sun night
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I see a lot of potential Primetime games.

Philly
GB
Dallas
NE
Seattle
No
Rams
Bills

9 teams had 5 Primetime games last year. I think you can bank on us having 5 this year.

1 Mon night
1 thurs night
3 sun night

Why is that your handle...?
Why is it that since the 2012 season we've played the saints at their home 4 times out of 5. (Now it's going to be 5 out of 6 next season.)

Originally posted by 49inchesdeep:
Why is it that since the 2012 season we've played the saints at their home 4 times out of 5. (Now it's going to be 5 out of 6 next season.)

Remember we kept going to Dallas for a few years in a row? Or Chicago? It's just weird because I want New Orleans at our home on grass so we can win by an easy margin instead of toughing it out
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
There is no way to predict how difficult a schedule will turn out.

Every year 5-7 teams dramatically improve and another 5-7 fall back. That's before injuries take over.

Who is to say this schedule doesn't turn out to be among the easiest in the nfl?

It's a useless exercise.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 49inchesdeep:

Remember we kept going to Dallas for a few years in a row? Or Chicago? It's just weird because I want New Orleans at our home on grass so we can win by an easy margin instead of toughing it out

The 49ers have that same advantage over the Green Bay Packers in scheduling too. I believe the 49ers have been the home team 4 of 5 of the games between the two teams. With the way the NFL does the scheduling, certain teams end of playing at another team in consecutive years.
Originally posted by okdkid:
There is no way to predict how difficult a schedule will turn out.

Every year 5-7 teams dramatically improve and another 5-7 fall back. That's before injuries take over.

Who is to say this schedule doesn't turn out to be among the easiest in the nfl?

It's a useless exercise.

Yeah it's something to pass the time but imo looking at the schedule before the draft is silly. Hell at this point we don't even know the schedule timing wise.

What looks like an "easy" game on paper now could look a little tougher if that team happens to be coming off a bye week or we have to go on the road on a Thursday night for it.

And of course as has been mentioned stuff changes so much year to year, hell sometimes week to week that what looks scary on paper now could be a cake wall and vice versa.

A team with us on their schedule must've felt pretty good about it this time last year.

Just gotta try to keep our roster together, try to improve it as much as possible via the draft and FA and then use what happened last Sunday and the chit that people were talking as a result to get us playing even better than last year.

Enough of the last minute and close games...let's get to the level where we're burying teams to where people complain about us running up the score.
12-4
Share 49ersWebzone