There are 229 users in the forums

49ers 2020 Pro Bowl Selections

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Congrats to our boys - it'll will be double next year.
I truly couldnt care less about the # of Pro Bowl players we have. If anything I hope the snubbed players come out with extra fire and kick ass the next 2 games.
Staley being an alternate is fairly absurd just based on his playing time this year, regardless of his performance.

Otherwise all the selections as starters and alternates are well earned.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Mostert has been playing a lot more RB lately. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's been as big of a part of special teams as previous years .

Too bad Armstead couldn't take Fletcher Cox's spot. Maybe next year.

Nah Mostert is still one of the best gunners in football.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Mostert has been playing a lot more RB lately. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's been as big of a part of special teams as previous years .

Too bad Armstead couldn't take Fletcher Cox's spot. Maybe next year.

Nah Mostert is still one of the best gunners in football.

Problem is he hasn't been doing it. Patterson had way more of an impact on Special teams than Mostert so It's fair. Agree on Mostert though, I think he is thee best gunner
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So only 4 made it. People were saying we had so many players leading in votes.
I'm getting sick and tired of this Fletcher Cox Hype Train. First DeFo got snubbed by him in 2018 despite being better in stats and performance then this season do the same with Armstead. I seriously don't understand what does he has to make him so special that he deserves a ProBowl/All Pro nomination no matter how miserable and lame can be his performance and results on that season...
Originally posted by susweel:
So only 4 made it. People were saying we had so many players leading in votes.

We did, that was the fan vote. Which is only a 1/3 of the votes
Does anyone care about the Pro Bowl anymore.? Just give hem awards. It is a pathetic game that nobody watches. I mean just cancel it already.

I would rather see a Player Awards ceremony than a crappy game.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
I'm getting sick and tired of this Fletcher Cox Hype Train. First DeFo got snubbed by him in 2018 despite being better in stats and performance then this season do the same with Armstead. I seriously don't understand what does he has to make him so special that he deserves a ProBowl/All Pro nomination no matter how miserable and lame can be his performance and results on that season...

Name recognition fletcher Cox hasn't play at a pro-bowl level imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 17, 2019 at 6:20 PM ]

Originally posted by captveg:
Staley being an alternate is fairly absurd just based on his playing time this year, regardless of his performance.

Otherwise all the selections as starters and alternates are well earned.

All the Pro Bowl is is a popularity contest, Staley got in on name alone.
I wonder what Ryan Clark, Whitlock, Stephen A, Florio, and Booger are thinking right now.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by John_Candy:
I wonder what Ryan Clark, Whitlock, Stephen A, Florio, and Booger are thinking right now.

Only an alternate
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Will be announced today at 5 pm PST.

We had 6 players win the fan voting at their positions (Bosa, Armstead, Sherman, Juszczyk, Kittle, and Mostert for ST), but the other 2/3 of the votes will be determined by the players and coaches.

Im hoping Jimmy Garoppolo sneaks in as an alternate and injury replacement...

I don't really care. If the 49ers come all this way only to take a dive in the final weeks and a one-and-done performance in the playoffs, the last thing I will care about is the Pro Bowl or how many 49ers are in it.

I'll be too busy crying in my room. Waiting for next season to arrive.

Just because we dont win the SB doesn't mean Pro Bowl selections dont mean anything. I care about our players and team in general getting the credit they deserve.

You are correct, of course. I just tend to think rather emotionally when it comes to matters like this. I go into a funk every time this team loses. Last year it was different, of course. We had so many injuries. Those losses didn't send me into the emotional funks that consume me now. You would figure, after all these years, I wouldn't wear my heart on my sleeve with this team. Yet, I do.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Only an alternate

Depending on where he is in line amongst alternates, he could easily get in. One of the 3 NFC QB's will be in the SB. Brees and Rodgers are old, and may have nagging old guy injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone