LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

49ers 2020 Pro Bowl Selections

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Will be announced today at 5 pm PST.

We had 6 players win the fan voting at their positions (Bosa, Armstead, Sherman, Juszczyk, Kittle, and Mostert for ST), but the other 2/3 of the votes will be determined by the players and coaches.

Im hoping Jimmy Garoppolo sneaks in as an alternate and injury replacement...

Edit:

Four 49ers made the Pro Bowl, with 8 more being alternates. Weak.

Nick Bosa (1st)
Richard Sherman (5th)
George Kittle (2nd)
Kyle Juszczyk (4th)

Alternates are:

Jimmy Garoppolo
Weston Richburg
Raheem Mostert (snubbed)
Joe Staley
Fred Warner
DeForest Buckner
Arik Armstead
Jimmie Ward

The fans got it more right than the players/coaches. SMH.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 17, 2019 at 5:10 PM ]
There's no way that Jimmy makes it. The NFC has Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Prescott, and Cousins who all have had statistically better years, and the narrative around the league has been the Jimmy was the weakest link. Now, I'd say that after Rodgers and Brees, Garoppolo has had probably the 3rd or 4th best year, but I doubt the voters will look at it that way.

I think Warner will get some Pro Bowl consideration though.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
There's no way that Jimmy makes it. The NFC has Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Prescott, and Cousins who all have had statistically better years, and the narrative around the league has been the Jimmy was the weakest link. Now, I'd say that after Rodgers and Brees, Garoppolo has had probably the 3rd or 4th best year, but I doubt the voters will look at it that way.

They pick 6 QB's regardless of conference, and probably 6 alternates. At least 1-2 will drop out with nagging injuries, and 2 more will be in the SB. Jimmy would theoretically only have to make the top 10 to get in.
Originally posted by Niners99:

We had 6 players win the fan voting at their positions (Bosa, Armstead, Sherman, Juszczyk, Kittle, and Mostert for ST), but the other 2/3 of the votes will be determined by the players and coaches.

I say everyone mentioned there initially makes it except for AA. Buck had a better year last season and he only made it as an alternate, same should happen to AA. Hope I'm wrong, but it shouldn't matter because none of our players will participate. We have a bigger fish to fry.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I say everyone mentioned there initially makes it except for AA. Buck had a better year last season and he only made it as an alternate, same should happen to AA. Hope I'm wrong, but it shouldn't matter because none of our players will participate. We have a bigger fish to fry.

Others with a chance from a boost in player/coaching votes are Fred Warner, Jaquiski Tartt (even though Ward has been the better S), and K'Waun Williams.
My Pro Bowl Niners in no particular order.

Kittle
Bosa
Warner
Sherman
Mostert
Buckner
Armstead
Juszczyk
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Kittle
Bosa
Warner
Sherman
Mostert
Buckner
Armstead
Juszczyk

That should be the list however I hope the coaches and players recognize Warner and AA. At least Warner was player of the month so he has a good chance
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I hope none of them make it so their contracts stay as low as possible.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think it could be argued that Warner was the best player on the D this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chief:
I hope none of them make it so their contracts stay as low as possible.

Why? You think jed is gonna give you the savings.

Well it's cool a good amount of our players will make the pro bowl but the league will have a lot of alternates replacing them bc we will be preparing for the super bowl !

I don't really care. If the 49ers come all this way only to take a dive in the final weeks and a one-and-done performance in the playoffs, the last thing I will care about is the Pro Bowl or how many 49ers are in it.

I'll be too busy crying in my room. Waiting for next season to arrive.
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Kittle
Bosa
Warner
Sherman
Mostert
Buckner
Armstead
Juszczyk

I agree with this, minus Armstead and Buckner.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I don't really care. If the 49ers come all this way only to take a dive in the final weeks and a one-and-done performance in the playoffs, the last thing I will care about is the Pro Bowl or how many 49ers are in it.

I'll be too busy crying in my room. Waiting for next season to arrive.

Just because we dont win the SB doesn't mean Pro Bowl selections dont mean anything. I care about our players and team in general getting the credit they deserve.
Share 49ersWebzone