There are 135 users in the forums

2 ULTRA QUESTIONABLE calls.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rydes
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Possibly the right call was made on the review. But why did they get the review? The player is ruled down, tackled in the field of play, not a score on the field, no timeouts left for Atlanta, time expires. Then they get a boot review? Why? What a bailout....

Every play is under review. Under 2 minutes it's up to replay officials. And with it being such a huge play for both sides they decided they needed another look to see if the right call was made. It wasnt we lost. Is what it is move on
that was an automatic review.....

and the refs STOLE a TD from Atlanta …….

I would be pissed if i was them at that call.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bruh he clearly crossed the goaline with the ball

OK lets assume he did cross the goal line. Why did they get the review from both. He was ruled down in the field of play, short of the goal line, no timeouts left for Atlanta, time expired, no way to challenge it. On the field it was not ruled a score. So why are they reviewing a "scoring" play? Because it was not called that on the field? They got bailed out.
I kinda agree here, aren't only scoring plays reviewed? Maybe I'm being a sore loser but they didn't call it a scoring play. Can someone enlighten me
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

OK lets assume he did cross the goal line. Why did they get the review from both. He was ruled down in the field of play, short of the goal line, no timeouts left for Atlanta, time expired, no way to challenge it. On the field it was not ruled a score. So why are they reviewing a "scoring" play? Because it was not called that on the field? They got bailed out.
I kinda agree here, aren't only scoring plays reviewed? Maybe I'm being a sore loser but they didn't call it a scoring play. Can someone enlighten me

You see what I'm saying.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
that was an automatic review.....

and the refs STOLE a TD from Atlanta …….

I would be pissed if i was them at that call.

You can't trap the ball on the ground on the grass and call it a "catch.".....
The refs miss a call they make up for it by calling a penalty in next few plays or series to even things up.

You see what I'm saying.

Every play is reviewable under 2 minutes. I dont know where the confusion lies lol.
Can we please lock this? It's embarrassing. We lost despite the refs trying to give it to us. Gotta move on.
This thread is f**king dumb. Niners also benefited from some questionable calls. Take the loss. We earned it.
Didn't the same s**t happen last week in the Patriots game?
Scoring play that was misruled a non-score & there was NO challenge.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Falcons beat us fair and square - move on.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
This thread is f**king dumb. Niners also benefited from some questionable calls. Take the loss. We earned it.

The OP clearly doesn't know the rules either.
Lol.
The 49ers got beat and deservingly so. This team did not want it bad enough.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

You see what I'm saying.

Every play is reviewable under 2 minutes. I dont know where the confusion lies lol.

Amazing this thread is still open regarding this. Are people just selectively reading some comments and ignoring others ?

ARTICLE 2. REPLAY OFFICIAL REQUEST FOR REVIEW
Only the Replay Official or the Senior Vice President of Officiating or his or her designee may initiate a review of a play:

that begins after the two-minute warning of each half;
throughout any overtime period;
when points are scored by either team;
that is a Try attempt (successful or unsuccessful); and
when on-field officials rule:
an interception by an opponent;
a fumble or backward pass recovered by an opponent or that goes out of bounds through the opponent's end zone;
a scrimmage kick touched by the receiving team and recovered by the kicking team; or
a disqualification of a player.

It was under 2 minutes. All plays are reviewable under two minutes each half.
Share 49ersWebzone