LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2 ULTRA QUESTIONABLE calls.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I felt we caught more breaks. Those roughing calls were dumb.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
But that play was NOT ruled a score on the field of play. So it's questionable to get a booth review which ended up being very costly.

Not questionable at all.

Inside 2 minutes all reviews come from the replay assistant in the booth regardless of whether it is a scoring play or not. That was the right call by the replay assistant unfortunately.

This...soon as I saw the replay I knew we were fuked.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
It's at the discretion of the booth what plays get reviewed under 2 minutes.

But that play was NOT ruled a score on the field of play. So it's questionable to get a booth review which ended up being very costly.

Doesnt matter if it's ruled a TD on the field. In the last 2 minutes it's going to go to both review for any play that is in question and could decide the game.

They got it right. It was a td
OK lets assume he did cross the goal line. Why did they get the review from both. He was ruled down in the field of play, short of the goal line, no timeouts left for Atlanta, time expired, no way to challenge it. On the field it was not ruled a score. So why are they reviewing a "scoring" play? Because it was not called that on the field? They got bailed out.

He crossed the goal line period , and since it was the last play. They went back and reviewed it. NY has the right to challenge a call.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Doesnt matter if it's ruled a TD on the field. In the last 2 minutes it's going to go to both review for any play that is in question and could decide the game.

They got it right. It was a td

Idk what's so hard to understand about this ,
  • Kyzen
we got seversl calls our way too.
[ Edited by Kyzen on Dec 15, 2019 at 6:11 PM ]

I was at the game, it was so heart breaking, they rule he was short games over, then 1 minute later they are reviewing the play??

Also that PI on Ward was pure BS
If Kittle wouldnt have fumbled, I feel he would've made the 1st down...I feel that wouldve clinched the game....
Originally posted by Rockeyfromask:
If Kittle wouldnt have fumbled, I feel he would've made the 1st down...I feel that wouldve clinched the game....

That was so costly. It was just bobbling around in his hands. He didn't even get hit. He gets that 1st down with a clean handle. We keep the ball and keep running clock. It may have cost us the game. He was brilliant otherwise all day. But that play was terrible.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
We lost... move on, even if we won , it still would have felt as a lost because our defense is let's face it no longer elite and that to me hurts the most for us now

Injuries add up. Kwon, DJ, Blair, Sherman, Ford, Tartt. That's alot of players out that played vital roles on our defense. Three of them we'll get back. I expected a loss today unfortunately coming off a brutal stretch with playing three playoff teams...two of which are likely super bowl contenders. This game reeked of trap game.

I hate whiners, we didn't deserve to win that game.
OK lets assume he did cross the goal line. Why did they get the review from both. He was ruled down in the field of play, short of the goal line, no timeouts left for Atlanta, time expired, no way to challenge it. On the field it was not ruled a score. So why are they reviewing a "scoring" play? Because it was not called that on the field? They got bailed out.

It's hard to assume when there's video proof that the ball crossed the goalline.

Booth can review any play under 2 minutes. That's just the rule.

We loss the game fair and square. Our players didn't come out to play, ATL did.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I felt we caught more breaks. Those roughing calls were dumb.

This. Can't blame the refs on this game.

They reviewed the spot of the ball. It doesn't have to be a scoring play to be reviewed in the final two minutes.

We just f***in choked, period.
The refs did not decide this game. The Falcons earned that win.
Share 49ersWebzone