1. deebo
2-12. crapshoot

Fixed
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
1. deebo
2-12. crapshoot

Fixed

I had forgotten about Steve Wallace's helmet. What year was that? He was a good player. Underrated.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
1. deebo
2-12. crapshoot

Fixed

I had forgotten about Steve Wallace's helmet. What year was that? He was a good player. Underrated.

Superbowl year...crushing Junior Seau with that big head!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 18, 2020 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
James is garbage IMO, his near fumble in the SB was last straw, he can't be trusted as a returner.

You must have missed his rookie highlights where he had some nice grabs in the passing game. He has more value than just a pure return guy.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
James is garbage IMO, his near fumble in the SB was last straw, he can't be trusted as a returner.

You must have missed his rookie highlights where he had some nice grabs in the passing game. He has more value than just a pure return guy.

I really wonder what is happening in practice that made RJJ the full time returner/very limited time WR and that made Pettis a zero time returner/decent time WR. Feels backwards to me, but I am not a coach.

Chris Finke will make him expendable and light a fire under Trent Taylor.
1. deebo
2. aiyuk
3. taylor
4. hurd
5. bourne
6. pettis
7-12. crapshoot

Sounds about right.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
1. deebo
2. aiyuk
3. taylor
4. hurd
5. bourne
6. pettis
7-12. crapshoot

Sounds about right.

At this point only proven/healthy guys are Deebo/Bourne.

Outside of them everyone is a crapshoot.

Hopefully we end up rolling what we want.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Chris Finke will make him expendable and light a fire under Trent Taylor.

This
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Here is my WR power ranking
  1. Deebo Samuel
  2. Brandon Aiyuk
  3. Kendrick Bourne
  4. Trent Taylor
  5. Jalen Hurd
  6. Richie James
  7. Dante Pettis
  8. Jauan Jennings
  9. Travis Benjamin
  10. Chris Finke
  11. Shawn Poindexter
  12. Chris Thompson

Trent Taylor is damaged goods - he's not going to be 100% for a while.

I tend to agree. He hasn't played in, almost - I think - two years now. I like the list Hummbaby did. I also agree with that ranking, until of course, we see them play in pre-season or regular season.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Here is my WR power ranking
  1. Deebo Samuel
  2. Brandon Aiyuk
  3. Kendrick Bourne
  4. Trent Taylor
  5. Jalen Hurd
  6. Richie James
  7. Dante Pettis
  8. Jauan Jennings
  9. Travis Benjamin
  10. Chris Finke
  11. Shawn Poindexter
  12. Chris Thompson

Trent Taylor is damaged goods - he's not going to be 100% for a while.

I tend to agree. He hasn't played in, almost - I think - two years now. I like the list Hummbaby did. I also agree with that ranking, until of course, we see them play in pre-season or regular season.

I was under the impression that Trent tore his ACL. It was Josh who tore his. Still, he needs to rebound from his ankle issues to make the team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I was under the impression that Trent tore his ACL. It was Josh who tore his. Still, he needs to rebound from his ankle issues to make the team.

What bothers me about Taylor is that foot surgery and infection. Anytime they keep cutting the same spot, there is scar tissue that develops that impedes a lot of mobility on that foot. Rocky Blier had his promising career shortcut by a shrapnel wound around the same area that Taylor had his foot injury stuff. We shall see.
This potion group has the potential to be absolutely filthy. Everyone counts Pettis out, but let's not pretend that he didn't ball out his rookie season. If he can manage to pull his head out of his ass and get over whatever is keeping him off the field coupled with guys like Deebo, KB and a healthy Jalen Hurd, this could be a special WR group.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

What bothers me about Taylor is that foot surgery and infection. Anytime they keep cutting the same spot, there is scar tissue that develops that impedes a lot of mobility on that foot. Rocky Blier had his promising career shortcut by a shrapnel wound around the same area that Taylor had his foot injury stuff. We shall see.

Yeah, hopefully he doesn't turnout like Blair - he had a good career, but it could have been a lot better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:
This potion group has the potential to be absolutely filthy. Everyone counts Pettis out, but let's not pretend that he didn't ball out his rookie season. If he can manage to pull his head out of his ass and get over whatever is keeping him off the field coupled with guys like Deebo, KB and a healthy Jalen Hurd, this could be a special WR group.

Really loving the work Kendrick Bourne is putting in this off season. He seems like he's taking on that leadership role of the receivers. I actually think this group has a chance to be better than last years. I really am crossing my fingers Taylor stays healthy, from what I remember the kid is just a 3rd down machine!!!

Deebo
Aiyuk
Taylor
Bourne
Hurd
Jennings

We good!!!
Share 49ersWebzone