LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

Team identity: Offense or Defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Team identity: Offense or Defense?

Originally posted by thl408:
First half of the season it was the defense. Having Ford in and out, Kwon, Blair, Tartt out, the defense took some hits. With the offense coming together and the ESanders trade, I think it'll be the offense now. I can see 30 point games as a regular thing for this offense (weather permitting).

Good post!
The fact that this is a debate is a great sign. Getting the first round bye would be HUGE. Get Tartt, Sherm, Ford healthy for the playoffs and we could be very tough on both sides.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Both.
It changes from game to game, and sometimes it changes in the game.
If you asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would have said DEFENSE. Now, since the awesome trade for EMANUEL SANDERS, and the emergence of RAHEEM MOSTERT as a definite threat and a star according to Shanahan yesterday, we are definitely the most balanced team in the league.
Next game will tell us how balanced we are. Safe to say our defense won't be the same with key players out so now the unit will have to take a back seat to the offense.

Luckily, our offense is starting to really gel! So maybe they can milk the possession game and keep the defense from playing too much.
Neither. Special teams.
Interesting parallel. That 2012 defense surely deserved a Kyle Shanahan offense!
Share 49ersWebzone