LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Why didn't we do a better job defensively against the Ravens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Why didn't we do a better job defensively against the Ravens?

What people are forgetting is that the offense held the ball longer therefore defense was out on the field less therefore defense looked better than they really were. I didn't like the fact the were crashing on the RB all the time. The should be crashing on the QB.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Baltimore had their Raven God on the sideline doing some magical voodoo s**t to stymie us on the last drive
U cant STOP their run game ... u can only hope to contain it
We held a gimmick offense being run by a lightning bolt back there to 17 points before the last fg. Kyle played effing scared in the rain. All or nothing Kyle
How many times has Saleh explained that the ends are instructed to crash on the RB on RPOs?

It's the LBs who aren't making the plays on the QB. But then that's easier said than done.

If teams don't figure out this ridiculous gimmick soon, I think the league should ban it. It's an abomination.
Originally posted by Rollininers:
What people are forgetting is that the offense held the ball longer therefore defense was out on the field less therefore defense looked better than they really were. I didn't like the fact the were crashing on the RB all the time. The should be crashing on the QB.

The Ravens dominated the 49ers in time of possession by 5 minutes.
The defense carried the offense, almost all the way to a win.
This wasn't on the D at all. It was always gonna be a tight game and we needed every point we could get. The strip-sack almost in the red zone, and failing on 4th down is what sunk this game.

Still a better team and season than I would have admitted to hoping for in August. Go 49ers.
https://youtu.be/ooZV5KZEi34

I seen this and thought it was pretty funny. Everyone is out there hanging all over Lamars nuts but Gonzales. They were saying the weather helped the niners out because Lamar was missing throws he doesn't normally miss. A few minutes later they say I didn't even look at the stats but I thought jimmy didn't play well, he didn't lead the receivers in stride and made some poor passes. In a rematch Ravens will easily handle them because niners got lucky weather evened things out 😂😂
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Rollininers:

The Ravens dominated the 49ers in time of possession by 5 minutes.
The defense carried the offense, almost all the way to a win.

I wouldn't call 5 minutes domination. Especially when the Ravens had the ball for 6 minutes on the final drive.
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by lamontb:
What was demoralizing is that with 6 minutes left they simply just drove the ball down our throats for the win. Somebody on defense needed to step up and it didn't happen. Their o line won when counted the most.

or, how about we would have kept the ball and scored a TD leaving less than a min left on the clock? How about the offense step up for once?

Bruh the thread is about defense.

We needed to score more.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by Kyzen:
What was demoralizing is that with 6 minutes left they simply just drove the ball down our throats for the win. Somebody on defense needed to step up and it didn't happen. Their o line won when counted the most.

or, how about we would have kept the ball and scored a TD leaving less than a min left on the clock? How about the offense step up for once?

Bruh the thread is about defense.

Bruh, the defense allowed 3 points the second half, as time expired..........that's the point bruh. The point bruh is this........the defense isn't the problem.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We needed to score more.

and maintain possession
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Too aggressive on D. We tackled their RB without the ball multiple times yesterday only to see Lamar scamper off for 10-15 yards

As long as we take away his option he is forced to run or pass. We were confident we could defend his passing and it worked. He got 104 on the ground but only 101 passing. No big explosive plays.

Ummm if our scheme was predicated upon Lamar running free then we are fuking idiots
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Too aggressive on D. We tackled their RB without the ball multiple times yesterday only to see Lamar scamper off for 10-15 yards

As long as we take away his option he is forced to run or pass. We were confident we could defend his passing and it worked. He got 104 on the ground but only 101 passing. No big explosive plays.

Ummm if our scheme was predicated upon Lamar running free then we are fuking idiots

So the defense holds the ravens offense to 283 yards and 20 points which are far below their season averages and the game plan sucked?
Share 49ersWebzone