LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm more worried about beating the Hawks. They've had our number for so long, I feel that the Niners are intimidated by the Hawks and when we play them, we play hesitant football. We just need to relax and think of the Hawks as any other (inferior) team.

I don't think we are intimidated or play hesitant..

For some reason Seattle always brings there absolute best against us, get timely calls, etc..
Meh, we still control our destiny. Imo it's playoffs that matter, not two reg games that honestly we didn't need to win.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm more worried about beating the Hawks. They've had our number for so long, I feel that the Niners are intimidated by the Hawks and when we play them, we play hesitant football. We just need to relax and think of the Hawks as any other (inferior) team.

For some reason Seattle always brings there absolute best against us, get timely calls, etc..

We didn't have Kittle or Staley in the first game.

this will be a different game come week 17
Thanks a lot Gould.
On the road, in the heavy rain and we miss a field goal. Its not like they clobbered us. I'll take it

I've always hated teams that did that against us. Like they can save their energy against us and only us.

NYG back in the '80s were like that too it seemed.
You don't think it had something to do with that 16 year run we had and the 15 straight 10 win seasons and the 5 SB's? You don't think teams got up for us because of that? Even now after all these years no team has come close to that in our conference and only NE playing in a weaker conference has been able to match and exceed it. There are only 2 other teams with back to back 10 win seasons.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Stevec9932.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
You don't think it had something to do with that 16 year run we had and the 15 straight 10 win seasons and the 5 SB's? You don't think teams got up for us because of that? Even now after all these years no team has come close to that in our conference and only NE playing in a weaker conference has been able to match and exceed it. There are only 2 other teams with back to back 10 win seasons.

i wish Brady played in the AFC North or NFC West his career. Spare me with the Bills, Jets and Dolphins... They are are terrible and guaranteed 5-6 wins a season.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I've always hated teams that did that against us. Like they can save their energy against us and only us.

The Tuna hated Walsh....continued talking trash even after death. He was dirty and stopped at nothing to beat us.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
This dude only shows up when they lose. What a joke

Originally posted by Kyzen:
Lmao, we're coming off a 4-12 season Einstein, we were pegged as an 8-8 team at best this season, we go 9-0 to open the season for the first time in almost 30 years and we're still playing for the #1 seed and you're talking about two losses to teams that were "games that mattered"...... seriously, go change your tampon and dry your tears, you look really dumb right now. Typical "whiner" fan, not a good look. I wouldn't even sit at your table if I was watching the Niners, in all my Niner gear, in Downtown Seattle at a Seahawks bar and it was 45-0 Niners with 5 mins remaining to go to the Superbowl. Get a life dude.

Damn!

Originally posted by Niners_D:
The Tuna hated Walsh....continued talking trash even after death. He was dirty and stopped at nothing to beat us.

Trash talk even after death??

Really??

WTF did he say???
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seattle owns us lately. Baltimore does too. It was portrayed as the Super Bowl of the regular season. What happened? The same result as the Super Bowl and the regular season Thanksgiving beating with Alex Smith. The Ravens beat the tar out of us when we play in prime time, big matchups or the Super Bowl.

So you're going back to a game that happened in 2011? Makes perfect sense as so many of those players and coaches are still with the team. This is an over reaction of epic proportions.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Exactly with the NYG's to... Don't know why it is either, but every team is passing on Seattle this year, they come to our house and Clowney clowns our d-line and we can't pass..
(Plus yes I know, we had tons of drops and kittle and sanders was out)..

I hate that f**king team..
I don't know bout looking into the past, but you do have to start wondering if Kyle can win the big games. So far, its not looking good. People on this board never gave Harbs a pass for losing the Super Bowl by one play, but no-one seems to question Kyle for his suspect game calls and management. Complete double standard in my opinion. I hope KS can prove us wrong.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Meh, we still control our destiny. Imo it's playoffs that matter, not two reg games that honestly we didn't need to win.

We needed one of those games badly. Don't we drop big time if SEA wins?
Share 49ersWebzone