LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Will be no until we can prove it.

I agree the answer is a resounding no as of right now and lately.

I mean what we play the Ravens like once every 4 yrs or something.

Seattle I get, throwing Baltimore into this doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seattle owns us lately. Baltimore does too. It was portrayed as the Super Bowl of the regular season. What happened? The same result as the Super Bowl and the regular season Thanksgiving beating with Alex Smith. The Ravens beat the tar out of us when we play in prime time, big matchups or the Super Bowl.

Seattle owns us lately. Baltimore does too. It was portrayed as the Super Bowl of the regular season. What happened? The same result as the Super Bowl and the regular season Thanksgiving beating with Alex Smith. The Ravens beat the tar out of us when we play in prime time, big matchups or the Super Bowl.

There's a difference between media/bragging rights games.

And games that actually mean something like making the playoffs/winning a playoff game.

To me, anything but the latter is a meaningless game.
Originally posted by Stanley:

There's a difference between media/bragging rights games.

And games that actually mean something like making the playoffs/winning a playoff game.

To me, anything but the latter is a meaningless game.

It's not meaningless in our race for the #1 seed. Or in the ability to show we can beat the very best teams in the league. We came up short.
  • Kyzen
It's not meaningless in our race for the #1 seed. Or in the ability to show we can beat the very best teams in the league. We came up short.

Lmao, we're coming off a 4-12 season Einstein, we were pegged as an 8-8 team at best this season, we go 9-0 to open the season for the first time in almost 30 years and we're still playing for the #1 seed and you're talking about two losses to teams that were "games that mattered"...... seriously, go change your tampon and dry your tears, you look really dumb right now. Typical "whiner" fan, not a good look. I wouldn't even sit at your table if I was watching the Niners, in all my Niner gear, in Downtown Seattle at a Seahawks bar and it was 45-0 Niners with 5 mins remaining to go to the Superbowl. Get a life dude.
[ Edited by Kyzen on Dec 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM ]
With or without injuries...?

Owning someone requires playing them more than twice in like 7 yrs.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2019 at 2:53 PM ]
Shanahan can't win the big games.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Carolina and Packers... don't count.

So the packers game wasn't a big game (NFC vs NFC) on SNF but this one was?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Nah apparently after we piss pound them, they're not regarded as a quality team by some
Packers was 1st of the 3 weeks gauntlet. We took it easy on the Ravens. Not so in NOLA
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM ]
Best way to put it. the only 2 games we've lost so far was for total of 6 points.

by a damn FG in each game. Which means had we executed a little better on a couple things, we easily could have won both of these games.

Only knock i got in yesterday's game was the 4th n 1 play call at the end. we should have been pounding the rock like we have been all day.

It didn't work out for us. Yes i was disappointed in this loss, but we easily could have won this game. so i ain't that mad.

We've played the ravens better than anyone this year. that goes a long way IMO.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
9ers were 3-4 against Seattle during the playoff years. Only got pounded twice. Couldve won both playoff matchups against both teams with better coaching.

Only played Baltimore once during that era.

Overemotional overreaction. Baltimore beat this team by a freaking FG at the buzzer. It wasn't a pounding.

They played Baltimore twice and one of them was on a Thursday where they had to fly across the country on a short week. Still had a chance to win if Ted Ginn isn't such a butterfingers. The second was the SB and they were simply outcoached and beaten by a hot Flacco going through the only four game period of his career where he actually looked like a franchise QB.

After today, I'm not scared if the 49ers got to the SB and had to face Baltimore again. They held up well against a physical rushing attack in terrible conditions. I don't see this defense playing any worse under ideal conditions and they really were slowing a crazy hot offense down in the second half. If the 49ers made it there and Baltimore somehow got past the Belichicks in Round 2, I say bring them on.

Where is the SB being played this year? Is it Miami? If it is, it Could be raining then?
I really don't know where it's at.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Dec 2, 2019 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Nah apparently after we piss pound them, they're not regarded as a quality team by some
Yeah man, I just don't get it. There has to be middle ground here. Can't patience be in the equation at all. No one expected this season, no way. Now we have to get pissed at them because of losing 2 games. Come on. Lighten up Francis.
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Dec 2, 2019 at 3:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone