LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers ever beat the Ravens or the Seahawks in a big game that matters?

I believe the 49ers will win @ Seattle in week 17 (assuming the game matters i.e. both teams are playing starters, etc.).
I just got back from 2053. We have beat the Seahawks and Ravens in the NFC CG and SB for 34 straight years. It is glorious.

Some fans are having mental health problems from football lol.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kyzen:
whats the point of this

The point is we cannot and do not beat the Ravens or Seahawks in big games in recent years over time. If that offends you well I don't know what to tell you. It's the reality of the situation. Look at it.

we've lost once to bmore when it mattered, other than that there is zero history with them. We lost to seattle once with a trip to the superbowl on the line, so youre making an entire history out of 2 games?? lmao, get a life dude.

We got pounded every time we go into Baltimore. Remember the Alex Smith days? We mostly lose at Seattle. It's super rare for us to win there ever in recent years. This is a lot more than 2 games. Big games in the regular season too over time of the history of these teams playing.

That's funny, I remember Alex actually beat Seadderall with some regularity. Remember that game when Ginn returned two kicks for TD's? Alex's short passing game carved them up and ate up a lot of clock. It was the genius Kaepernick that went like 1-5 against them. That probably coincided with Wilson being drafted.

Regardless, Seadderall got lucky that our kicker missed the game winner. After that, they had good field position and they marched down the field. The most crucial moment of this game was the 4th and 1. Our last possession. If we convert that, we likely score. Who knows if it would have been enough, but we were right there in the game til the end.

Our first road loss all year. The Ravens had to beat us to match our 10-2 record! We could very well be 12-0 right now if a couple things went our way. But we could have also lost some close games to Pittsburgh and Arizona. So be grateful that we went from a 4-12 lost season to very likely flipping that into a 12-4 or 13-3 record.
Sorry dude, but this thread =
Originally posted by genus49:
Why don't you ask when we get to play Baltimore at home? Or when Seattle gets us without key injuries?

Exactly. It seems every time we play Seattle they get multiple breaks. This last game, the Niners were missing several key players and then on top of that, Seattle gets a phantom spot in OT (a correct spot would have resulted in a first down and a much closer FG attempt) which cost SF the game. When was the last time the Niners benefited from a terrible call against Seattle? Seattle's luck is going to change. I hereby put a curse on that lucky ass team....
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Sorry dude, but this thread =

Troll!
  • dj43
What happened in previous years is rather irrelevant. This year is a different team with a different roster.

This was an even game that came down to making or not making 2 or three plays. As Howie Long said after the game, "This game did not make me any less impressed with SF."

Me either.
Well at least we own the Bengals in big games. Lame thread. We play the Ravens once every four years and the only real big game we've lost to Seattle is the NFCCG when Kap imploded in the 4th quarter.
[ Edited by Black24Razor on Dec 1, 2019 at 11:06 PM ]
Easily if we aren't injured Way more than they are. Which is always

Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Why don't you ask when we get to play Baltimore at home? Or when Seattle gets us without key injuries?

Exactly. It seems every time we play Seattle they get multiple breaks. This last game, the Niners were missing several key players and then on top of that, Seattle gets a phantom spot in OT (a correct spot would have resulted in a first down and a much closer FG attempt) which cost SF the game. When was the last time the Niners benefited from a terrible call against Seattle? Seattle's luck is going to change. I hereby put a curse on that lucky ass team....

Very true at this point it's common knowledge how lucky Seattle is. Now they get to play Minnesota without a top 10 wide receiver in Adam Thielen. Figures he would've lit them up
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Well at least we own the Bengals in big games. Lame thread. We play the Ravens once every four years and the only real big game we've lost to Seattle is the NFCCG when Kap imploded in the 4th quarter.

I remember thinking Kaepernick barely got his line drive pass over a short Earl Thomas. No arc at all. Not surprisingly, he got intercepted when he tried to go over Kam Chancellor and Sherman. Another reason I'm so glad we don't have Kaepernick anymore. It seemed like he was trying to force the ball into Crabtree without looking at Gore or anyone else. "It was the right read." So he made the right read 3 times to Crabtree on the same stupid end zone fade to lose the game.
lol.

By "big games" I assume you're referring to the 2013-14 NFC Championship game, and Super Bowl 47, which are really the only two big games we've ever played against those teams.

If this game was in SF we probably win. It was a bad weather, east coast early game, and we lost by a last second FG. As long as we beat NO next week were still in good shape.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Who cares when we will beat them?

49ers are going to win the Superbowl
Forget about it.
Share 49ersWebzone