There are 272 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kittles, Sanders, Samuels, Bourne and James. We should have enough.

With Juice, Breida, Coleman, and Mostert.

Yeah, didn't mean to omit them - we should have enough options in the passing game.
I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan brings in Dwelley and Kittle for a 2 TE set. That would probably confuse the s**t out of the D
Originally posted by braap49er:
I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan brings in Dwelley and Kittle for a 2 TE set. That would probably confuse the s**t out of the D

With the lack of cross country travel two times within a weeks time, Shanny has been able to stay in the laboratory longer. I would expect the bag of tricks to be full for this game.
I anticipate that the matchups in this game will allow the team to play their game in all respects, O, D, and STs .
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Kinda worried about no Tartt

Why? Soon as Harris stepped in he stripped sacked L.J. This dude is just waiting for his opportunity

Yeah but he has also shown that he can have one great game followed up by a few wtf games. Tartt doesnt get enough credit for what he has done this year, he may not be a human highlight reel but he cleans up just about everything. He kind of gets overlooked because of how consistent he has been.

But since Tartt is out, heres hoping Harris can stay at a high level and not let his aggressiveness hurt him like in the past.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Kinda worried about no Tartt

Why? Soon as Harris stepped in he stripped sacked L.J. This dude is just waiting for his opportunity

Yeah but he has also shown that he can have one great game followed up by a few wtf games. Tartt doesnt get enough credit for what he has done this year, he may not be a human highlight reel but he cleans up just about everything. He kind of gets overlooked because of how consistent he has been.

But since Tartt is out, heres hoping Harris can stay at a high level and not let his aggressiveness hurt him like in the past.

We should be good with Harris.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by John_Candy:

I'm sure Sean Payton is aware of that stat as well. That's why we need to be wary of Taysom Hill. Our D needs to be aware of where he's lined up and should assign a quick CB on him.

If he does get the ball, which I think he'll get at least 10 to 15 touches, our defense needs to shut that s**t down early. If Hill starts getting chunks of yards ala Wilson and Lamar then we're pretty much f**ked.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The O-line better shows up, namely Staley who got Jimmy G killed in the Seahawks game by Clowney. For the record, Matt Ryan was sacked 9 times by the Saints last week!!
Originally posted by obx49:
I'm sure Sean Payton is aware of that stat as well. That's why we need to be wary of Taysom Hill. Our D needs to be aware of where he's lined up and should assign a quick CB on him.

If he does get the ball, which I think he'll get at least 10 to 15 touches, our defense needs to shut that s**t down early. If Hill starts getting chunks of yards ala Wilson and Lamar then we're pretty much f**ked.

Oh f**k Taysom Hill...people like to highlight any good play he has, yet don't show any of trash plays he has as well (which he does).

If the Saints plan is to beat SF with Taysom f**king hill then they already lost.

10-15 touches dude isn't a great RB and sure as s**t isn't a QB at the NFL level. He doesn't have half the athletic ability as Lamar Jackson. Zero threat of him throwing the ball.

FWIW he hasn't touched the ball more than 4 times in a game this yr. I have no idea why his name keeps getting brought up regarding anything.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 6, 2019 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
At this point I think it's safe to say the 49ers offense can move the ball against the best defenses in the league. So the only real question with this match up now is whether or not the Saints will be able to handle the elite speed of the Niners defense.

Sunday can't come soon enough!

Jimmy's gonna have a big day on Sunday. I have a feeling its gonna be like the first game against AZ. Big play after big play through the air, a spectacle to behold if he is protected.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Dec 6, 2019 at 7:32 PM ]

Originally posted by Rascal:
The O-line better shows up, namely Staley who got Jimmy G killed in the Seahawks game by Clowney. For the record, Matt Ryan was sacked 9 times by the Saints last week!!

I mean ryan was missing starting lineman no Julio and no hooper (who's been a stud this yr). They play them two weeks prior and only had 1 sack!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Im heading to New Orleans tomorrow from Chicago... I am so f**king pumped LETS RIP THEIR HEADS OFF

Nice! Go 9ers!
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Im heading to New Orleans tomorrow from Chicago... I am so f**king pumped LETS RIP THEIR HEADS OFF

Nice! Go 9ers!

Let's gooooo!
I just love that we're letting the Pac 12 tear up Levi's Stadium field.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Seattle49er:

Nice! Go 9ers!

Share 49ersWebzone