There are 176 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

• okdkid
  • Veteran
This game is critical for tie-breaking with the Seahawks.

If we end with the same record as Seattle (including a victory in Seattle)...winning this game would give us the division and the bye. Seattle lost to the Saints.

Common opponents is a highly weighted tie breaker.

The bottom line is that if the Niners beat the Saints it effectively means the Seahawks have to win out to win the division.
[ Edited by okdkid on Dec 2, 2019 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
This game is critical for tie-breaking with the Seahawks.

If we end with the same record as Seattle (including a victory in Seattle)...winning this game would give us the division and the bye. Seattle lost to the Saints.

Common opponents is a highly weighted tie breaker.

If we beat the Seahawks then that would mean we lost to either the Rams or Falcons to have the same record for this game to be considered for a tie breaker.
Niners 34

Saints 21
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If we beat the Seahawks then that would mean we lost to either the Rams or Falcons to have the same record for this game to be considered for a tie breaker.

This is the NFL. We will be favored. But nothing is guaranteed. The Saints lost to the Falcons and the Packers lost to the Chargers. Any given Sunday.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Punchable face

This is the NFL. We will be favored. But nothing is guaranteed. The Saints lost to the Falcons and the Packers lost to the Chargers. Any given Sunday.

Nothing is guaranteed but assuming everyone is healthy the way we play defense vs pocket passers we're not losing to Atlanta or Rams at home unless we turn the ball over like 5+ times.
Originally posted by genus49:

Nothing is guaranteed but assuming everyone is healthy the way we play defense vs pocket passers we're not losing to Atlanta or Rams at home unless we turn the ball over like 5+ times.

Tried that once and still won
I like us to bounce back in this one, no gimmicks to their offense that we have to contend with, no uber mobility QB, we are staying out there, so bodies will be adjusted, no s**t weather to slow down our speed, a lot of matchups that work to our advantage in the measurables category. They are a very good team lead by a hall of famer at QB, but I see no real roadblocks like I did with the Ravens, we win this by 10 and set the table for a showdown with the Seahawks that gets flexed to prime time.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We better have all our guys back for this game. Staley, Breida, Ford

Agreed on Brieda and Ford. Brunskill is kinda an upgrade to Staley TBH.

Remains to be seen, all we saw from Staley was a rusty guy playing one handed. Brunskill is indeed better than that guy, but Joe at 100% is not just a better player, but a better leader and a lot more savy in the trenches.
LaConfora on Rome still thinks the saints are the best team in the NFL......

What???????

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

What???????

It's obviously the Ravens.

But what does it matter. Niners just have to win out and all these hot takes go away.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We better have all our guys back for this game. Staley, Breida, Ford

Agreed on Brieda and Ford. Brunskill is kinda an upgrade to Staley TBH.

Remains to be seen, all we saw from Staley was a rusty guy playing one handed. Brunskill is indeed better than that guy, but Joe at 100% is not just a better player, but a better leader and a lot more savy in the trenches.

Let's not let our love for Staley cloud our judgement. Brunskill has come in rusty and immediately Done a better job without chemistry with Tomlinson. He's not the leader or the fan favorite like Staley but on the field he's been better than Joe.

What???????

It's obviously the Ravens.

But what does it matter. Niners just have to win out and all these hot takes go away.

My nature is to be overly pessimistic. Thats all out the window after the seahawks, packer, and ravens games.

After yesterdays game I think we are the best team in the NFL.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Dec 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM ]
Originally posted by NSTrailerParker:
Can't believe the Saints opened as 3-point faves. Their starting LT and LG are banged up. Warner and our D-line will devour them. After playing Lamar, Russell will feel like Jacoby Brissett in week 17 and Brees will feel like Johnny Manziel. 34-17, 49ers.

Of course the Saints are going to be a slight favorite at home. Bookmakers aren't dumb. I truly believe the Niners will win but betting line wise there's no way they would put the Niners as a favorite or as a Pick'em. Just like yesterday, the public was all over the Ravens and of course everyone in the sports book was claiming screw job and fixed because of the PI that went in our favor against Humphrey and the non call PI when Jimmy Ward went for the ball. It's the nature of bookmaking.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
My nature is to be overly pessimistic. Thats all out the window after the seahawks, packer, and ravens games.

After yesterdays game I think we are the best team in the NFL.

whut
Share 49ersWebzone