There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at BALTIMORE RAVENS - 2019 Game 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Ravens have a UDFA at center today

Will find out if he's as good as the Niners UDFAs of the last 8 weeks

DJ Jones and Defo time
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 1, 2019 at 8:04 AM ]
The key to this game comes down to the interior Niners Dline VS interior Ravens Oline, specifically DJ Jones VS the Ravens practice squad center. The Niners are most susceptible on D when they give up yards in the ground game. In the game against the Seahawks, the absence of Jones in the middle was crucial for the opposition to establish success in all facets of their offense. Today, I think if the Ravens struggle to get yards up the middle with their RB, their offense becomes less of the historic variety, and more of the dangerous, but beatable one. Lamar is going to get his yards, and a lot of it will frustrate, but if he doesn't get much help in the ground game, I think the Niners win.

He played last week and looked reasonably decent but he is a rookie and has yet to start a game so I hope that Saleh has some tricks up his sleeve to after this guy. Throw a variety of looks and blitzes at him to keep him from ever getting comfortable in there.
Either we will go down real fast or we go up real fast. I say 14 - 0 either team within the first quarter.

Gould finishes the day with the game winning field goal. Final score 27-24
I had a dream we were up 18-0 and then the Ravens cut it down to 18-15 at halftime. Then I woke up lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He played last week and looked reasonably decent but he is a rookie and has yet to start a game so I hope that Saleh has some tricks up his sleeve to after this guy. Throw a variety of looks and blitzes at him to keep him from ever getting comfortable in there.

But it was against the Rams D
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Will find out if he's as good as the Niners UDFAs of the last 8 weeks

DJ Jones and Defo time

Its a lot easier to protect a tackle than a center. The Ravens have an amazing guard in Yanda, possibly HOF caliber but with Buckner, Jones and Armstead, everyone is gonna have their hands full.

The key is going to be Bosa being able to win against Ronnie Stanley. Stanley has yet to give up a sack thks season. If Bosa can force the issue and make them help Stanley out, that would be a huge matchup advantage.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
But it was against the Rams D

With Aaron Donald on their DL. You can't just let him run forward and mash people in the run game. Get stops in early downs and put him on his heels in pass protection. Make him really work and not let him just run downhill.
I hope Kyle has a big key ring because I see a lot of keys to winning this game. Just score more than they do.

He played 16 downs and was atrocious is pass blocking .

3rd worst offensive score per PFF last Sunday

That was Skura .... not the back up
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM ]

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I had a dream we were up 18-0 and then the Ravens cut it down to 18-15 at halftime. Then I woke up lol

Haha....I hate dreaming about games, I always wake up so confused.
Brieda is glass. At least he won't command a lot after his contract expires
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

That was Skura .... not the back up

Saleh is going to have to pressure the middle of that offense & get great play from DJ Jones, Armstead & Buckner inside
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

For a rookie center coming in during the middle of the fame against the guys the Rams have inside he did fine.

The more they can get him pass blocking, the better. Throwing stunts and blitzes at him, different matchups, you can cripple an offense if the center has no clue what is coming at him. That is the biggest thing I'm looking for from Saleh today is taking this young center apart.

Missing Ford is going to hurt with Brown's weakness being speed off the edge but if they can constantly blow up the middle, it would greatly hamper this Ravens offense.
No, Who is Gonna Win Poll? Is somebody asleep at the switch?
Share 49ersWebzone