LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Jerry Rice quotes and predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I expect us to lose to the Ravens and I don't expect it to be close.
I would be very happy going 2-1 in this gauntlet 3 game stretch
Nothing is guaranteed. See: ATL's drubbing of NO.
The ravens are feeling and smelling themselves a bit too much. Y'all know what happens to teams like that in the nfl.

I think the "easiest" game will be NO. Our D line can feast on Brees non-mobile ass.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Nov 19, 2019 at 5:02 AM ]
Originally posted by braap49er:
I'll take 2 out of the 3 games. PLEASE BEAT THE PACKERS AND SAINTS!! I'll be at both those games!! I've never been to a game where the Niners lost... except last year I went to the Niners AZ game in AZ, but that doesn't count. I was a little drunk, and then my buddy got lost so I had to go find him. He wondered off outside of the stadium and would be let back in. So technically it's his fault!

Thats nice. Every Niner game I go to, they lose in catostrophic fashion.

2011 NFC championship game
2014 vs Chargers

I don't go to games anymore
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
The ravens are feeling and smelling themselves a bit too much. Y'all know what happens to teams like that in the nfl.

I think the "easiest" game will be NO. Our D line can feast on Brees non-mobile ass.

I think if someone can figure out Lamars tendencies then they can be had. Our problem is I don't think Saleh is that sophisticated, he had 10 days for Sea and came out looking unprepared, and we start every game on D slow, getting gashed with the same runs. Our second half adjustments are probably from Kyle. Our Ds success is from talent, scheme wise I would like to mix up the looks.
Originally posted by HERN:

I expect the unexpected.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Depends on health, to be sure.

But, I would be disappointed if the 49ers lost to the Packers. I would not be shocked if they lost to the Ravens (by more than two scores, even). And if (BIG IF), they are fully healthy come NO, I expect the 49ers to win.

As it stands right now, I fear mobile QBs more than your typical pocket passers, which is why, regardless of how good they are (and they are good), NO doesn't seem like that big of a hurdle.

be careful what you wish for. Aints may throw the Taysom Hill train at us more often than not.
Jerry can shut the f**k up.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

I think if someone can figure out Lamars tendencies then they can be had. Our problem is I don't think Saleh is that sophisticated, he had 10 days for Sea and came out looking unprepared, and we start every game on D slow, getting gashed with the same runs. Our second half adjustments are probably from Kyle. Our Ds success is from talent, scheme wise I would like to mix up the looks.

True. These zone read schemes kill us too. I wonder why don't we just blast the QB, even if it means giving up a big run to the RB? QB is fair game in the zone read right (per the rules). Make harbaugh and Pete think twice about zone reads if Bosa is just gonna take a free shot at your QB.

Originally posted by HERN:

This Ravens team has lost to Cleveland and beat Arizona by 6 points both at home.

Now clearly they've added some new wrinkles since their bye week, traded for Marcus Peters and gotten healthier so it's not the same but we have a chance in any game as long as we avoid any new injuries and Kittle/Sanders play on offense. Getting DJ Jones back for this game would be huge as well. Getting Ford and his speed out there would also be helpful.

But the biggest thing we have going for us in this game(and it's not much) is the fact that Baltimore plays in LA on Monday night. Now obviously we don't want LA winning that game but hopefully they play physical enough that Baltimore will be feeling it much how we were in our MNF game.

Maybe it will be enough to balance out us traveling across the country to play an early game against a team running through everyone after their bye week.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Jerry saying we have no dogs is not close to true. I'd say Kittle is one for sure, Debo Trent Williams
[ Edited by JMC52 on Nov 17, 2021 at 9:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone