LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 457 users in the forums

The Day After Monday: Furious Fan Reaction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Count Sunday as a loss. We are physically beaten right now.

Seriously? Cards are beat to s**t as well. That game was crazy in TB.

SF is still at home the next two games.

ARI can stuff our run. The formula is out there. To beat us, you must force our WRs to win the battles and run blitz all day. We don't have the horses to beat that. Our main advantage is our defense. The D will have to win next week.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 12, 2019 at 6:55 AM ]
  • thl408
It's not like they got curb stomped the way the Panthers did. Top two receiving targets were out. All three units on the 49ers made mental mistakes and it cost them in a very close game.
Originally posted by mayo49:
As far as the OL - I didn't think the reinforcements we were getting back, would be a major reason why we lost the game.

This. They messed up the groove! Came back rusty at the worst possible time.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by mayo49:
As far as the OL - I didn't think the reinforcements we were getting back, would be a major reason why we lost the game.

This. They messed up the groove! Came back rusty at the worst possible time.
Yeah I was happy they were back. That feeling didn't last long. They Were definitely not ready. That's on the coaches. A lol of last night was on the coaches.
The season is so short(16 games) that one game becomes magnified until the next game a week later. We had our best receivers out, our starting offensive tackles appear to need more time to be ready for game situations. My biggest concern is Jimmy G, he's been put on a pedestal as the next great 49ers QB. Too many back pedaling passes and throwing into windows that aren't there. Samuel and Kittle would've made this a winning game, but they're out. Next Game.
Can't be furious at all. We were down some key players, the tackles were rusty. We are a very young team and it showed. They'll learn good from this. Coaches as well.
ARI can stuff our run. The formula is out there. To beat us, you must force our WRs to win the battles and run blitz all day. We don't have the horses to beat that. Our main advantage is our defense. The D will have to win next week.

Teams have been loading up the box all yr, it's not some secret formula. You think the Browns and panthers didn't do that? Sure as s**t did.

Last I saw our WRs did win the battles vs AZ. Our defense looks like they're ready to play anyone and will actually have a full week to prepare.

ya'll are acting like we got piss pounded when in reality we lost the game they didn't really beat us. It took them a blown 1st down call, missed FG, and a last sec OT to beat us OH and that's with the "league MVP"
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM ]
Chandler Jones abused Staley when he was healthy last year. What do you think he'll do to a rusty Joe and McG Sunday? I'm legitimately concerned. I hope to God that Kyle gets them some help.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I have no reactions... no thoughts.

Literally just been sitting here like WTF!!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Teams have been loading up the box all yr, it's not some secret formula. You think the Browns and panthers didn't do that? Sure as s**t did.

Last I saw our WRs did win the battles vs AZ. Our defense looks like they're ready to play anyone and will actually have a full week to prepare.

ya'll are acting like we got piss pounded when in reality we lost the game they didn't really beat us. It took them a blown 1st down call, missed FG, and a last sec OT to beat us OH and that's with the "league MVP"

Everything you said is true. But unfortunately it was Seattle. And that alone makes everything much much worse. The season is not over for the Niners. If they learn from that mistake riddled game we should get back on track. It's still only 1 loss.

all I know is George Kittle training like Frank Dux in Bloodsport to avenge Ray Jackson for the Seahawks rematch, tbh I'm surprised he didn't break out of the box WWE style to enter the game
[ Edited by MoeJontana84 on Nov 12, 2019 at 7:27 AM ]
Shanny's offense was not ready at all. We probably made 30 to 40 mistakes and many of them were critically bad.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Chandler Jones abused Staley when he was healthy last year. What do you think he'll do to a rusty Joe and McG Sunday? I'm legitimately concerned. I hope to God that Kyle gets them some help.

Absolutely have to get Brunskill in there for McGlinchey.
also, looking forward, yeah our schedule "looks" much tougher, but can we find some silver lining in it? We didn't get dominated last night. Injury central and we took it down to the wire in OT.

Zona- We should win comfortably
Green Bay- Rodgers is Rodgers but World War II veteran Phillip Rivers took a game from him
@ Ravens - sure, Lamar Jackson looks like Kaepernick on steroids but if the Browns can dump on them, so can we
@ Saints - they got dominated at home by a diet, neutered version of our team (although I will concede that Matt Ryan is a better QB than Jimmy)
Rams - they look more done than Nancy Kerrigan's knees
@ Hawks - IF we are fully healthy I think we shut up the 12th man up there and we go in winning the division and getting the 1st round bye
I see 11-5 and 12-4. If Sanders stays in we win by 7-10 points.

Someone made the point about not having any deep threat? Anyone know how many snaps Goodwin played? Not sure why we don't use him more to stretch the field. Maybe Jimmy doesnt have the deep ball abilities right now.

yes overall frustrating but only one game and many are saying this but very true: You learn more from losses than wins.
Share 49ersWebzone