LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

The Day After Monday: Furious Fan Reaction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The 49ers streak ended on 11/11, in many cultures 11 is seen as an unlucky number, or even a number representing death, loss, or karma debt. In Japanese culture, the 11th day of the 11th month is the unluckiest day for successful groups of individuals.

This loss was a wonderful loss, we paid a karma debt back for being undefeated, this means lots of good luck down the final stretch, or even the playoffs.

I'll take it.

I need all the positivity I can get it right now.
I haven't posted on here much, but wanted to weigh in today. After having a night to fume and ruminate over this game, I think there is a consolation to take away from this.

So far this season, all the presumed "top contenders" have had at least one bad loss:

- The Patriots lost to the Ravens by 17 points
- The Ravens lost to an incompetent Browns team at home by 15 points
- The Packers lost to an inconsistent Chargers team by 15 points
- The Saints lost to a floundering Falcons team at home by 17 points

I watched 3 out of 4 of those games (didn't see the Browns/Ravens one), and neither Brady, Rodgers, nor Brees could do much of anything on offense to help their teams win. Granted I didn't pay close attention to the injury reports, so I'm not sure how much of a role they played in those games.

But last night, we were down our 2 biggest playmakers on offense (once Sanders exited in Q2), the rest of our idiotic wide receivers had maddening drops or couldn't get open, our two starting tackles (and O-line in general) were revolving turnstiles, and Jimmy (I still believe in him) had happy feet and made a few boneheaded decisions. Despite all that, we were in this game until the very end.

Yes, it's heartbreaking, and yes it was against the freaking Seahawks, but despite all the miscues and injuries, we fought until the final field goal. Honestly, I would have been more concerned if we had lost this game by a larger margin. The Niners of old probably would have. Of course a lot of the credit goes to our defense, they were phenomenal last night. As of now, I'm hopeful that this was a wake up call and that we can bounce back from it. The schedule undoubtedly gets tougher, but knowing that the Ravens, Packers, and Saints have their own flaws is encouraging.

Btw, any idea why Juice wasn't involved in the passing game more? It was like he disappeared...
[ Edited by NinerGirlRach on Nov 12, 2019 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:
The 49ers streak ended on 11/11, in many cultures 11 is seen as an unlucky number, or even a number representing death, loss, or karma debt. In Japanese culture, the 11th day of the 11th month is the unluckiest day for successful groups of individuals.

This loss was a wonderful loss, we paid a karma debt back for being undefeated, this means lots of good luck down the final stretch, or even the playoffs.

I'll take it.

Agreed, thanks Snake.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NinerGirlRach:
I haven't posted on here much, but wanted to weigh in today. After having a night to fume and ruminate over this game, I think there is a consolation to take away from this.

So far this season, all the presumed "top contenders" have had at least one bad loss:

- The Saints lost to a floundering Falcons at home by 17 points

I watched 3 out of 4 of those games (didn't see the Browns/Ravens one), and neither Brady, Rodgers, nor Brees could do much of anything on offense to help their teams win. Granted I didn't play close attention to the injury reports, so I'm not sure how much of a role they played in those games.

But last night, we were down our 2 biggest playmakers on offense (once Sanders exited in Q2), the rest of our idiotic wide receivers had maddening drops or couldn't get open, our two starting tackles (and O-line in general) were revolving turnstiles, and Jimmy (I still believe in him) had happy feet and made a few boneheaded decisions. Despite all that, we were in this game until the very end.

Yes, it's heartbreaking, and yes it was against the freaking Seahawks, but despite all the miscues and injuries, we fought until the final field goal. Honestly, I would have been more concerned if we had lost this game by a larger margin. The Niners of old probably would have. Of course a lot of the credit goes to our defense, they were phenomenal last night. As of now, I'm hopeful that this was a wake up call and that we can bounce back from it. The schedule undoubtedly gets tougher, but knowing that the Ravens, Packers, and Saints have their own flaws is encouraging.

Btw, any idea why Juice wasn't involved in the passing game more? It was like he disappeared...

I share your feelings on the game. I think the running game not being successful had an effect on Juice not being a part of the passing game. Many of his receptions come on playaction where he fakes a lead block then goes out for a pass. With the run game not being consistent, those plays don't work as well.
Originally posted by NinerGirlRach:

- The Saints lost to a floundering Falcons team at home by 17 points

I watched 3 out of 4 of those games (didn't see the Browns/Ravens one), and neither Brady, Rodgers, nor Brees could do much of anything on offense to help their teams win. Granted I didn't pay close attention to the injury reports, so I'm not sure how much of a role they played in those games.

Nice post, very rational and refreshing take.

We don't play Seattle again until the end of December. I'm sure Sanders and Kittle will both be back by then. We should have a much more formidable offense the next time around.
It's bad that we lost. It's bad the way we lost. It's terrible that we had the key injuries.

But more than anything I'm sick and tired of losing to the Seahawks in every key game. Can we just beat them 1 time ever in a really big game that matters?

Originally posted by ProfessorKel:

I'll take it.

you and me both
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's bad that we lost. It's bad the way we lost. It's terrible that we had the key injuries.

But more than anything I'm sick and tired of losing to the Seahawks in every key game. Can we just beat them 1 time ever in a really big game that matters?

technically it wasn't really a big game, more of a prove that your a top team to the world game. We really didn't lose top place in the NFC west or the overall NFC conference.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

technically it wasn't really a big game, more of a prove that your a top team to the world game. We really didn't lose top place in the NFC west or the overall NFC conference.

A Monday Night game with teams of that record and that magnitude was a big game. At least by regular season standards. It also effects our division race big time. We would be up 3 games and beat them head to head had we won. Now we are up by 1 narrow game. Plus they beat us head to head. We also have to go to their house late in the year. It's about as big as a regular season game can get.

A Monday Night game with teams of that record and that magnitude was a big game. At least by regular season standards. It also effects our division race big time. We would be up 3 games and beat them head to head had we won. Now we are up by 1 narrow game. Plus they beat us head to head. We also have to go to their house late in the year. It's about as big as a regular season game can get.

yeah so technically if the season ended right now, nothing would have changed compared to last week besides just having a bigger lead in the division.

Man this is so stupid, I cant believe I even listen to these talkshows ... there biased hot takes are so dumb and I hate that I come in here and see the same type of ignorant thought from so called niner fans. Let me demonstrate:

1. Last week Packers loose by getting blown out by a middling Chargers team because the Packers offense literally cant do anything that game- media / fake niner fan response "well every team has a bad game now and then but they still have the great Aaron Rodgers so they should be feared."
2. Sunday the saints get blown out by bottom feeder Falcons because the saints offense cant do anything - media / fake niner fan response "well every team has a bad now and then but they still have the great Drew Brees so they should be feared."
3A. Niners barely loose first game of the season to a top tier Seahawks team because kicker signed off the street cant make game winning field goal in spite of JimmyG getting him in FG range. - media/ fake ninee fan response JimmyG is the niners problem and the entire reason why the niners have now lost a game by 3 measly points and this proves that JimmyG will never lead the Niners to win anything.
3B. Monday Seahawks luckily beat the undeafeted Niners team in spite of the fact that wilson throws what should have been the game loosing interception that becomes a game ending field goal and so Russle Wilson is now the best QB in the league (certainly not luckiest: even though 3 of his wins this year have come because the other teams kickers happen to miss what would be game wining field goals).

This is literally stupid. I am not saying JimmyG is better than those other 3 QBs but I am saying that thise narative are obviously biased and dumb and completely lack any comtext. Here are the facts:
First of all, it was one loss to another good team (no we dont have to be undeafeated to be the best team in the league or to be Super bowl contenders).
Second, our line play was horrible or Seattle Dline is great but since they havnt been great against everyone else I am going to go with our Oline sucked last night).
Third, our top 2 recieving options were out (sure Lockette went down but it was a lot later in the game and did Medcalf go down as well? Plus Wilson wasnt exactly setting the world on fire and threw what ciukd have and shoukd have been a game loosing pick that if JimmyG throws media/ fake niner fans would kill him for).
4th- our recieving options that were left had problems getting open and when they did they literally had 9 drops... 9 DROPs.
5th any QB ever will look pedestrian when and if they are constantly getting hit, having dlineman in their face (ask 2007 Tom Brady)
6th any QB ever will struggle and look pinicked with D linemen in their face and a bunch of recievers who earlier the same game keep dropping easy should be catches (9 freaking times)
7th- If our kicker makes the field goal in OT the same media and fake niner fans would be singing the Niners and JimmyG's praises for setting up the game wining field goal that they had no control over and kicked by a player that no one on the team even knew 2 days ago but instead he missed the kick and that is 100% on Jimmy and his leadership and that means we will never win again with Jimmy as our QB.

Come on man give me a freakin break we lost because some random kicker off the street missed a pressure filled fg attempt. Happens all the time right lol.

The End!
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Man this is so stupid, I cant believe I even listen to these talkshows ... there biased hot takes are so dumb and I hate that I come in here and see the same type of ignorant thought from so called niner fans. Let me demonstrate:

1. Last week Packers loose by getting blown out by a middling Chargers team because the Packers offense literally cant do anything that game- media / fake niner fan response "well every team has a bad game now and then but they still have the great Aaron Rodgers so they should be feared."
2. Sunday the saints get blown out by bottom feeder Falcons because the saints offense cant do anything - media / fake niner fan response "well every team has a bad now and then but they still have the great Drew Brees so they should be feared."
3A. Niners barely loose first game of the season to a top tier Seahawks team because kicker signed off the street cant make game winning field goal in spite of JimmyG getting him in FG range. - media/ fake ninee fan response JimmyG is the niners problem and the entire reason why the niners have now lost a game by 3 measly points and this proves that JimmyG will never lead the Niners to win anything.
3B. Monday Seahawks luckily beat the undeafeted Niners team in spite of the fact that wilson throws what should have been the game loosing interception that becomes a game ending field goal and so Russle Wilson is now the best QB in the league (certainly not luckiest: even though 3 of his wins this year have come because the other teams kickers happen to miss what would be game wining field goals).

This is literally stupid. I am not saying JimmyG is better than those other 3 QBs but I am saying that thise narative are obviously biased and dumb and completely lack any comtext. Here are the facts:
First of all, it was one loss to another good team (no we dont have to be undeafeated to be the best team in the league or to be Super bowl contenders).
Second, our line play was horrible or Seattle Dline is great but since they havnt been great against everyone else I am going to go with our Oline sucked last night).
Third, our top 2 recieving options were out (sure Lockette went down but it was a lot later in the game and did Medcalf go down as well? Plus Wilson wasnt exactly setting the world on fire and threw what ciukd have and shoukd have been a game loosing pick that if JimmyG throws media/ fake niner fans would kill him for).
4th- our recieving options that were left had problems getting open and when they did they literally had 9 drops... 9 DROPs.
5th any QB ever will look pedestrian when and if they are constantly getting hit, having dlineman in their face (ask 2007 Tom Brady)
6th any QB ever will struggle and look pinicked with D linemen in their face and a bunch of recievers who earlier the same game keep dropping easy should be catches (9 freaking times)
7th- If our kicker makes the field goal in OT the same media and fake niner fans would be singing the Niners and JimmyG's praises for setting up the game wining field goal that they had no control over and kicked by a player that no one on the team even knew 2 days ago but instead he missed the kick and that is 100% on Jimmy and his leadership and that means we will never win again with Jimmy as our QB.

Come on man give me a freakin break we lost because some random kicker off the street missed a pressure filled fg attempt. Happens all the time right lol.

The End!

hmm didn't you post this somewhere else already ?

yeah so technically if the season ended right now, nothing would have changed compared to last week besides just having a bigger lead in the division.

But this is bad with big games and tough teams coming up. Plus our very injured team at key positions. We could have really used that cushion.
I thought it was relevant to both threads ;)

But this is bad with big games and tough teams coming up. Plus our very injured team at key positions. We could have really used that cushion.

agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone