There are 256 users in the forums

Do we have the worst WR depth in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by okdkid:

You heard it here first.

He should be first on the "Outta the Team" Chart
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by okdkid:

No surprise.

Dude wants to be pro photographer, plays football like a pro photographer would.

How can Kendrick Bourne overtake anybody? He's awful. His hands are just terrible. But Pettis is pretty bad and soft too. It's not a good situation.....
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Remember when Goodwin said there was no need to bring in AB... because he was our AB?

Obviously Goodwin isn't sniffing the same type of white powder that AB is.
Originally posted by littleken:
You know our wide receivers are bad when you realized without Sanders and Kittle our most reliable receiving threat was argubly Dwelley.

Dwelley is a good football player with outstanding hands. Something our WR corps lacks. What he lacks is speed. He is a perfect #2 TE with Kittle providing the speed and breakaway ability.
I keep hearing how bad Bourne is but he caught a TD and a 2 point conversion. He had one really bad drop and another that was thrown really high. He is one of the only big targets we have at wide receiver. Until Hurd shows he can be that guy or we find someone else he is one of our best options. If we draft someone else or Hurd gets healthy and steps up then we let Bourne go.

I have no problem if they bring in Dez for a look but don't expect much. He's been out for 2 years and lost any speed he had so he can't separate any more. Returning to the NFL after being out for 2or more years is really tough since your body isn't used to the contact any more. It's like people saying Kap is better than some of the guys in the league now. Maybe he was but to much moss on him now.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 12, 2019 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I keep hearing how bad Bourne is but he caught a TD and a 2 point conversion. He had one really bad drop and another that was thrown really high. He is one of the only big targets we have at wide receiver. Until Hurd shows he can be that guy or we find someone else he is one of our best options. If we draft someone else or Hurd gets healthy and steps up then we let Bourne go.

Don't stop my anger and frustration by being reasonable!
Starting to think that bringing in AB wouldn't be the end of the world. He apparently wants to be here. Yes he's not ideal but put his locker next to Sherm's and give it a go. My biggest fear now is that with all these injuries, the only guys remaining are 100% finesse guys and the better more physical teams will eat us alive unless we can grab a WR with experience and good hands.

It's not optimal at all and if we weren't one of the better teams in the league, I wouldn't even bring this option up. But our WR's stink! I'm willing to roll the dice even if we have to baby sit AB. Put him on a short leash and if he screws up, cut him.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Nov 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM ]
Worst WR corps would be a dead tie between the Niners and Raiders.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Starting to think that bringing in AB wouldn't be the end of the world. He apparently wants to be here. Yes he's not ideal but put his locker next to Sherm's and give it a go. My biggest fear now is that with all these injuries, the only guys remaining are 100% finesse guys and the better more physical teams will eat us alive unless we can grab a WR with experience and good hands.

It's not optimal at all and if we weren't one of the better teams in the league, I wouldn't even bring this option up. But our WR's stink! I'm willing to roll the dice even if we have to baby sit AB. Put him on a short leash and if he screws up, cut him.

As you mention, put his locker next to Sherman's...and, doesn't Jerry Rice say good things and is close w/ Brown? Maybe having Jerry around Brown could help. I'm grasping at straws and am not completely serious since Brown seems like such a head case...this WR corps needs to start making plays that are there for the taking!
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Nov 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
Remember when Goodwin said there was no need to bring in AB... because he was our AB?

Obviously Goodwin isn't sniffing the same type of white powder that AB is.

He might have CTE though.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
As you mention, put his locker next to Sherman's...and, doesn't Jerry Rice say good things and is close w/ Brown? Maybe having Jerry around Brown could help. I'm grasping at straws and am not completely serious since Brown seems like such a head case...this WR corp needs to start making plays that are there for the taking!

Nobody's signing him until the league states he wouldn't be on the ineligible list.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Nobody's signing him until the league states he wouldn't be on the ineligible list.

Sorry haven't been following his drama. What has he done to merit being on the ineligible list??
As you mention, put his locker next to Sherman's...and, doesn't Jerry Rice say good things and is close w/ Brown? Maybe having Jerry around Brown could help. I'm grasping at straws and am not completely serious since Brown seems like such a head case...this WR corps needs to start making plays that are there for the taking!

Jerry maybe about a month ago or so said AB lied to him about being serious about playing for the 49ers as evidenced by what he did in Oakland to get out of his contract to go play where he wanted to all along and is disappointed in him.
Originally posted by ltrain:
As you mention, put his locker next to Sherman's...and, doesn't Jerry Rice say good things and is close w/ Brown? Maybe having Jerry around Brown could help. I'm grasping at straws and am not completely serious since Brown seems like such a head case...this WR corp needs to start making plays that are there for the taking!

We are in WR desperation mode. I understand he is a poor teammate, extreme head case, and at odds with Sanders. Still, we've had this in the past and were very successful with Haley. Not as much without him.

If the cap fits and he's able to play, I say sign him. Would it be legally binding to put that clause in to say the contract is pending his availability in 2019, if not it will be null and void?

We looked like absolute crap out there without Kittle and Sanders. I'd rather have him and all his baggage than what I saw on offense last night.

I thought he was meeting the league last, or was it this week? Does that determine his eligibility?
Share 49ersWebzone