LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

2019 Niners are The only Undefeated team left.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last ones left
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All_Knowing:
Last ones left

...and I hope we win the **last** game of the post-season!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup ,it surely does. Difference is as athletic as Kap was, Russ W is 4x better than Kap ever could have been. Lamar Jackson...is just a bigger , stronger , kap, EXCEPT he went from early season looking like a Rook, to midseason and he makes a lot of great decisions. Doesn't even look like the same guy. Remarkable change in ability to see routes, throw it away, or throw it 90 yards, ( i bet he can) But his passes to receivers are now 4x better than when he broke in. Somebody good is coaching him, either harbaw or their QB coach. Interesting how his passes are all so wristy.

Another aspect is if tackled he just runs thru tackles. Kap was never known for that ...or Lamar runs right over LBs. I was no fan of his initially, just another big guy with a cannon who could run. But I was dead wrong about his talents. He got better across the board and did it in record time, 8 games. My hat is off to him. Brees will be tough. Rodgers tough. Russ Wilson, my guess is toughest of all, and Lamar is right behind him.

Worse, Russ is having his greatest yr of his career, with 15 TDs and 1 INT....crazy good. Also he makes the best decision virtually all the time. Has a lot of justifiable sentiment for MVP this yr.

Seriously in these 5 games, NO, GB, Ravens, SEA x2—- if we win 2, i would be stoked. And we HAVE TO win 1 for sure against SEA. If we ended up beating SEA twice and losing the other 3, i would be fine with that. Ain't gonna happen tho, so we gotta beat at least one of the other teams. These are serious teams, and wth no KWON, man, our opponents have a big edge in passing game. Hard to know how that factors into W/L but it sure does take some of the dew off our Lilly.

Jackson is not a bigger, stronger Kap. Kap is 2 or 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier and has a stronger arm. What jackson has is more speed, better pocket awareness and much better escapability. Kap was fast once he got going but those long legs didn't help when he tried to maneuver around the pocket. One thing to keep in mind is how hard it was to defend Kap his first year or two. Let's see how long it takes before the league figures out Jackson.

I used to say this often. He had no escapability, was a long strider who could break off huge runs if he got 10 yards of open grass. But elusive and quick he was not. I'm interested in seeing Lamar Jackson in 2022 to see if he can keep progressing.

I stand corrected that Kap is taller, but as to bigger, faster...i should have said, Lamar is way QUICKER than kap ever could have hoped to be. When he gets penned in, it is hard to lay a glove on him. PATs sure couldn't. As far as stronger, Kap had the photographic physique, but Lamar is like a damn ICE box once he crosses the LOS and gets a head fo steam . Having DBs tackle him must be painful for them. Kap could motor once he was out of trouble in the pocket, but Lamar is just tough to catch with his quickness behind LOS.

Other fascinating thing about Lamar is his unorthodox wristy pass. Honestly when he throws it appears there is no effort there as he slings that puppy like a pitcher does with his wrist. Thing is his hands must be huge or he could never wrist a ball 50 yards with little or no arm action. I can see why he was so inaccurate before, but now he has that wrist flip pass down cold. It is bizarre to see him "wrist ' one 50 yds downfield with no apparent effort.
There's a famous saying..."Getting to the top is one thing but staying there is the hardest part."

The downside to being the last one left is that now NO ONE is sleeping on this team, and every team the Niners face from here on out will have that chip on their shoulder, and give their absolute best to be the first to dent the record.

This is uncharted waters for the Niners, we'll see how they handle the heat. I think having leaders like E Sanders, Staley, and Sherman (who've all been there) will really help.
wut?
Delete this thread, it Jinxed us
Sorry, I have failed you guys with my 19-0 prediction.
Share 49ersWebzone