LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Rapid Reaction: THE SKY IS FALLING!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wait we talking warriors or 49ers? nah though seems like they getting gashed on big run plays.
The team did not do a full practice this week, just walk-throughs.

Kenyan Drake was signed in the 11th hour after the D game plan was installed.

Division games are always nasty.

Queensbury showed his hand with his gimmicky midget, we'll crush them next time.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Without Kwon, I see some serious deficiencies in our run defense. Saleh has his work cut out for him. Greenlaw seems too small to stop running backs. He was drafted as a coverage LB.

According to PFF Kwon is not very good in run defense and a stud in passing situations....
WTF kind of nonsense is this
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Queensbury showed his hand with his gimmicky midget, we'll crush them next time.

I love NT
Kyler literally looks like a 12 year old boy on the field. If the defense plays like this against Wilson it's going to be a long night next monday. But woohoo 8-0 baby! Go niners.
All I'm worried about right now are Kwon and Kittle. If Kittle misses no time and Kwon misses minimal time, I'll breathe and stop being a chicken little
Originally posted by wailers15:
WTF kind of nonsense is this

You take that back!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
According to PFF Kwon is not very good in run defense and a stud in passing situations....

He was brought here to defend TEs and RBs in the passing game and to chase down wide stuff. He does that very well. However, he only weighs 227 (some say he might be lighter than that) and is not beefy enough when the play comes right at him. When the DL is doing their job, he is a stud.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

He was brought here to defend TEs and RBs in the passing game and to chase down wide stuff. He does that very well. However, he only weighs 227 (some say he might be lighter than that) and is not beefy enough when the play comes right at him. When the DL is doing their job, he is a stud.

I would agree with PFF's grading, hes made a few plays here and there, but I feel as if warner is the better run defender.

After the Cards got on the board first and then Kittle went down, the sky fell on me for sure!

Whew
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Oct 31, 2019 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Okay, so that was not what any of us were expecting. But, I think we were spoiled by our dominant defense and run game that we thought no one had a chance against us. Welp, reality just showed up and cracked us between the eyes. And yet, we still won. I want to emphasize something to you while some of our brethren will say the sky is falling: Good teams win bad games. Bad teams lose them. We won. This can serve as a wake up call. This, then, is a good thing.

Pros:

1. I missed the entire first half trick or treating with our toddler. So, yeah, watch a replay. And yes, if you were wondering, she made out with much loot and candy.
2. Second Half we were gassed but the Jimmy G passing attack was working. This bodes well for us down the line.

Cons:
1. Tired. Short rest week. Banged up. And because of these things we were exposed by the Cardinals repeated use of the screen that took our aggressive pass rush out of the game. I expect us to make adjustments during the break.

Thursday night games are always close and somewhat risky BUT the niners do get a sweet 11 day rest period going in on the sh*thawks.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Yes the defense did not plan for Drake and who would have foreseen the impact he would have given he has only been there a couple of days. The man is a beast.

The other thing now it is halfway through the regular season and the more astute offensive coordinatores and HCs have plenty of tape to see how our defense works and where our weaknesses are. Arizona had us figured. Simple as that.

Saleh no doubt tried to adjust but the troop was tired after the short week and were missing things they usually dont.

Monday is the Cawks and the team will be rested and fresh. No doubt Saleh and Kyle have been conditioned to hate the Cawks and will go all out in the preparation of the game.

Next time we play Arizona it is at home and Kyle and the team will know their tricks. Wont be so close then.
That was a gutsy win. The boys have been playing on adrenaline since the season started and look mentally and emotionally wrecked. But they still did enough to win it. And Jimmy has offically entered the building. Would not be suprised if they all slept not stop for 24 hours after that game.
Share 49ersWebzone