LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Return of injured players

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Return of injured players

The 49ers have 3 injured players who could return against the Cardinals on Halloween night. After that the team has 11 days before they're next game Monday night 11/11 against Seattle.

Considering how bad the Cardinals are, how well the teams been playing without their injured starters I'm thinking we should sit these guys and give them the extra time to get 100% healthy. Aside from these two games against the Cards, our schedule the rest of the way is pretty tough. We could dress these guys Incase of emergency, but otherwise imo they should sit:

Staley- We have played well with the backup OTs and Staley will be incredibly important to this stretch run

Spoon-Mosley has played so well, Spoon might find himself on the bench anyway.

Brieda-Ankle sprains scare me, esp since Brieda seemed to be hobbling all season last year. Coleman is crushing it, Raheem has looked good and we have Wilson on the roster. Giving Brieda another 11 days to rest that ankle could be a huge difference down the stretch.

I realize we shouldn't overlook the Cardinals and you always wanna have your best players out on the field. In reality I think we manhandle this team with or without these guys & would feel more secure knowing they got extra rest and are all 100% healthy for the upcoming stretch where we'll also get Juice and Mike M back.

How do you guys feel?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Rest them until the Seattle game - the extra 11 days will get them super ready.
Play them when they ready. Sitting them versus the cards isn't guaranteeing they won't get hurt versus another opponent. I'd rather have guys working off the rust versus the cards. We need every win. Spoon was playing great before the injury. I can't see Moseley taking his spot
  • dj43
This topic is already covered here.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/192987-injury-refresher-potential-return-dates-san-francisco-weekers/

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/192963-before-creating-new-thread/
Share 49ersWebzone