LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Race for the nfc west and the #1 seed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by captveg:
#1 seed, #6 seed, miss the playoffs. None of it matters if Kittle and Sanders aren't playing in the post-season. Team is one-and-done if they are out.

In fairness it's a massively different team with Kittle and Sanders. Without both this is a pretty helpless team at least in the passing game. I would not expect us to beat many high caliber playoff teams without them. Maybe we could survive the loss of one. But both is impossible. I think we proved that tonight.

My point exactly. They make the passing game open up, which allows for the run game to open up.

Best case scenario in the playoffs is they are healthy and the opposing QBs are pocket passers that the pass rush can get to without giving up scrambles. That means they have a better shot against, say, Eagles, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Patriots than teams like Seahawks and Ravens.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM ]
just some mid season drama to screw gamblers, is all this game was. Seattle wont matter when playoffs start.
Niners are fine.
Niners already beat Pitt and Bucs, whom the Rams lost to. Rams are done
BTW, thread should be combined with this one:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/193016-race-nfc-west-seed/page7/
#1 seed, #6 seed, miss the playoffs. None of it matters if Kittle and Sanders aren't playing in the post-season. Team is one-and-done if they are out.

In fairness it's a massively different team with Kittle and Sanders. Without both this is a pretty helpless team at least in the passing game. I would not expect us to beat many high caliber playoff teams without them. Maybe we could survive the loss of one. But both is impossible. I think we proved that tonight.

My point exactly. They make the passing game open up, which allows for the run game to open up.

Best case scenario in the playoffs is they are healthy and the opposing QBs are pocket passers that the pass rush can get to without giving up scrambles. That means they have a better shot against, say, Eagles, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Patriots than teams like Seahawks and Ravens.

Those 2 on the field make our offense much different and dramatically better.

But our defense concerns me against very mobile QB's. Wilson was able to scramble and buy time and create something out of nothing like he always does. We could chase him and pressure him but we mostly couldn't get him down or end the play. He massively extended plays for long time periods. That concerns me a lot about Seattle again and Baltimore. I don't think our defense matches up well against mobile QB's. We would much prefer an slow, pocket passer who is not mobile. That's the type of QB our defense can dominate against. I would much rather face that in the playoffs. No doubt about it.
Originally posted by johnnystrzykalski:
just some mid season drama to screw gamblers, is all this game was. Seattle wont matter when playoffs start.
Niners are fine.
Niners already beat Pitt and Bucs, whom the Rams lost to. Rams are done

Yes I think the Rams are done. But Seattle certainly is not. They could easily win the division. Earlier it looked like we had the inside track. Now I'm not so sure.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 12, 2019 at 12:19 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

That's a big part of our problem. BRICK hands WR's. That and the injury to our kicker, Sanders and Kittle deeply cost us. If we had WR's who could catch we would have a better chance against some of these high powered teams.
week 12 in pickem has 2 of every game
That's a big part of our problem. BRICK hands WR's. That and the injury to our kicker, Sanders and Kittle deeply cost us. If we had WR's who could catch we would have a better chance against some of these high powered teams.

deeply cost, would have ment losing by 10 or more. Didnt cost much actually. almost won in overtime

deeply cost, would have ment losing by 10 or more. Didnt cost much actually. almost won in overtime

In a way I was surprised with all the key injuries that we were able to fight this close and almost win at the end. But the mobile QB thing did neutralize our defense a bit and it's a concern. He was able to buy time and scramble away from pressure and create things out of nothing. Which Wilson does but I'm not sure we match up great against mobile QB's. Not as good as pocket QB's who can't run at least.

week 12 in pickem has 2 of every game

Good chance of breaking even then.
Don't particularly care, it's too far away.
Making the playoffs is the big thing for me. The higher we get the better, but it will still be a buzz knowing we're in it in January after so many lean years.
1 week at a time. 11-5 would be great for us all things considered. No way we beat the Saints and Chickens on the road with this Fresno State wr core.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Making the playoffs is the big thing for me. The higher we get the better, but it will still be a buzz knowing we're in it in January after so many lean years.

If Sanders is out and Kittle isn't 100 percent then not sure about Jan there bud. Huge danger of this going sideways.
Share 49ersWebzone