LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

WR Emmanuel Sanders, BUF

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Cartilage injuries are no joke. Had a similar one from wrestling, not caused by impact either but from torsion, and it took a good week and a half just to be able to take a deep breath during any sort of activity without doubling over. Toughness doesnt have much to do with it once the adrenaline is gone, the body's nervous system goes into defense mode and causes involuntary muscle contractions in the chest, back and abdomen trying to defend that area against further torque. But I also didnt have access to NFL shots and painkillers.

That's what caused mine. Wrestling on a carpeted jitz floor. Went to roll off my back and my wet shirt stuck and HOO BOY.

What an amazing thing pain is.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Antix:
At this point Im hoping to be the team that "gets healthy at the right time" going into the playoffs. We might look like a weaker team for a while against some tough teams, teams will start to sleep on us, everybody will say "see I told you they havent played anybddy", then we get our guys back and tear through the playoffs.

Meanwhile, our defense stays on the field for a majority of the game and we end up with big injuries on our defense.
There's no winning here. Dude's need play on both sides of the ball. As TyCore mentioned, for what we gave up for Sanders, we should expect more durability. Get in there and play.

Sanders has a rib injury. You cant just play through that as WR when you have to extend your arms and take hits. You want even more passes tipped in the air due to alligator arms over the middle? You can expect durability all you want but injuries dont care about how many draft picks you gave up.

Julian Edelman suffered a ring injury early in the season and only missed the game he was injured in. Sanders just needs to tough it out.

If he can he will. Your definitive stance speaks of character and ignorance.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
If he can he will. Your definitive stance speaks of character and ignorance.

There are ways to make a point or contrary opinion without attacking the poster
Originally posted by okdkid:

I don't believe stuff like this anymore. They always try downplay and it's always worst than it is.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I don't believe stuff like this anymore. They always try downplay and it's always worst than it is.

I have to agree with this. I think Shanahan/coaches tell the media different to throw upcoming teams off.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I have to agree with this. I think Shanahan/coaches tell the media different to throw upcoming teams off.

See I disagree with that, I feel like Kyle/Lynch are wayyy too honest when it comes to injuries. They should just shut their mouths like the Pats do. No reason to give the extent of the injury unless it's obvious (Blair torn ACL).
This message board is an astonishing insight into human psychology, anxiety, and self doubt.

You all need to read Marcus Aurelius
This message board is an astonishing insight into human psychology, anxiety, and self doubt.

I would rather watch the movie.

Originally posted by TyCore:
That's what caused mine. Wrestling on a carpeted jitz floor. Went to roll off my back and my wet shirt stuck and HOO BOY.

Nice, used to train with Ralph Gracie before moving to CO. Random and off topic but do you have a huge calcium deposit at the injury site too? Sh*ts so annoying. Looks like a snapped rib about to pop out of the skin even though its fully healed lol.

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by TyCore:

Nice, used to train with Ralph Gracie before moving to CO. Random and off topic but do you have a huge calcium deposit at the injury site too? Sh*ts so annoying. Looks like a snapped rib about to pop out of the skin even though its fully healed lol.

I dont.

I went completely fallow and sedentary for 6 weeks so that might've helped. Everything seems to heal pretty smoothly, also don't tend to get wear injuries like cauliflower ear even though I wrestled at a high level for years.

Lol isn't this the truth.

I think this is where he got hurt...knee to the back/ribs.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think this is where he got hurt...knee to the back/ribs.

Yeah god damn
Regardless if he plays or not, our other receivers have to step it up.
Share 49ersWebzone