LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

This years 49ers seem like the 2017 eagles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good coaching. Great pass rush. O-line that's balling. No name running backs. Great tight end. I really think we're the 2017 eagles.
IBTL t
Originally posted by Izyniner:
IBTL t

Why would this thread be locked? It's a good topic
  • thl408
Hell yeah. Can't wait for Jimmy to wreck his knee and Mullens wins it all.
  • dj43
not sure we need another thread like this. We'll let it got for a while but don't be surprised if it gets locked. There are already so many thread in NT that good stuff winds up on the second page in no time at all. Have to draw a line somewhere. Nothing personal. Just housekeeping.
As long as jimmy is healthy and we win the trophy then sure
I can see the comparisons, I was saying the same thing except our secondary is better mainly because of Sherman and Witherspoon
Originally posted by elguapo:
I can see the comparisons, I was saying the same thing except our secondary is better mainly because of Sherman and Witherspoon

our secondary and linebackers are definitely better. also jimmy g isn't carrying the team like carson wentz was. but we have no name running backs and a great pass rush.
I really like our team and believe in our current coaches and players, but I have to wonder if we are getting ahead of ourselves?

Winning in the NFL is difficult and being a contender year after year is even harder.

Take the Rams, Chiefs and 2017 Eagles for example . They looked unstoppable one year. Young team, great talent, quality coach, but where are they now? Think about what you face when you win....longer season ( wear and tear), tougher schedule, and every coach and team makes you a measuring stick or statement game. Not only that, but your players become hot commodities around the league, making it harder to retain talent.

I'm just going to try and enjoy this season and let next year take care of itself. Hopefully were one of those teams that gets hot and wins a Super Bowl, because next year anything can happen.teams go from worst to first and first to worst all the time in this league. It's kind of the norm.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 17, 2019 at 9:46 PM ]

Originally posted by goldensnake:
Originally posted by elguapo:

our secondary and linebackers are definitely better. also jimmy g isn't carrying the team like carson wentz was. but we have no name running backs and a great pass rush.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Carson Wentz that carried that team to the SB.
I think the 2019 Niners defense (especially pass rush and secondary) are better than the 2017 Eagles. I also believe that Carson Wentz, before his injury, was playing at a MVP level back in 2017. Jimmy G, while he has been a 3rd down converting machine, isn't playing on that type of level, atleast not yet. Philly also had better offensive weapons on the outside. The only real comparison that I see is that both teams started the season off hot and both have really good te's. The Eagles won a superbowl that season and the jury is still out on the 2019 49ers.
Originally posted by thl408:
Hell yeah. Can't wait for Jimmy to wreck his knee and Mullens wins it all.

Nah CJ gonna save us from the inactive squad.
I just hope our entire d-line can stay healthy all year
What would be awesome if the 49ers were in the bowl vs the pats, and Jimmy hands it off to Breida, only for him to fake the run, and pass it back out to Jimmy for a TD. Jimmy looks at brady and says "Now THAT'S how it's done!"
Share 49ersWebzone